Equilibrium points of nonatomic games
- David Schmeidler
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Nash theorem on the existence of equilibrium points inTV-person non-cooperative games in normal form is generalized to the case when there is a continuum of players endowed with a nonatomic measure. The mathematical tools are those used in mathematical economics, in particular, markets with a continuum of traders. The main result shows that under a restriction on the payoff functions there exists an equilibrium in pure strategies.
- R. J. Aumann,J. Math. Anal. Appl. 12:1–12 (1965).
- K. Fan,Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., U.S. 38:121–26 (1952).
- I. Glickberg,Proc. Am. Math. Soc. 3:170–74 (1952).
- J. F. Nash,Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., U.S. 36:48–49 (1950).
- Equilibrium points of nonatomic games
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 7, Issue 4 , pp 295-300
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- nonatomic games
- equilibrium point
- set-valued function
- fixed point
- Industry Sectors
- David Schmeidler (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Economics, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel