Mean field theory of self-organized critical phenomena
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A mean field theory is presented for the recently discovered self-organized critical phenomena. The critical exponents are calculated and found to be the same as the mean field values for percolation. The power spectrum has “1/f” behavior with exponentg4=1.
- P. Bak, C. Tang, and K. Wiesenfeld,Phys. Rev. Lett. 59:381 (1987);Phys. Rev. A (1988).
- C. Tang and P. Bak,Phys. Rev. Lett., submitted.
- L. Wu, S. Zhou, C. Liu, L. Kadanoff, and S. Nagel,Bull. Amer. Phys. Soc. 33:534 (1988).
- Mean field theory of self-organized critical phenomena
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 51, Issue 5-6 , pp 797-802
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Self-organized criticality
- critical exponents
- mean field theory
- 1/f noise
- Industry Sectors