Geometry of three convex bodies applicable to three-molecule clusters in polyatomic gases
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
An expression for the configuration integral for three overlapping convex bodies, which is a generalization of Hadwiger-Isihara's formula for two convex bodies, has been found. As an application of this expression, two- and three-molecule cluster integrals (or second and third virial coefficients) for polyatomic molecules in gases are discussed on the basis of a squarewell potential with convex cores.
- T. Kihara and J. Okutani,Chem. Phys. Lett. 8:63 (1971).
- J. D. Dymond and E. B. Smith,The Virial Coefficients of Gases, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1969).
- T. Kihara,Rev. Mod. Phys. 25:831 (1953);Advan. Chem. Phys. 5:147 (1963).
- Geometry of three convex bodies applicable to three-molecule clusters in polyatomic gases
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 13, Issue 4 , pp 337-345
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Statistical thermodynamics of gases
- intermolecular forces
- nonspherical molecules
- Industry Sectors