Infinite conformal symmetry of critical fluctuations in two dimensions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We study the massless quantum field theories describing the critical points in two dimensional statistical systems. These theories are invariant with respect to the infinite dimensional group of conformal (analytic) transformations. It is shown that the local fields forming the operator algebra can be classified according to the irreducible representations of the Virasoro algebra. Exactly solvable theories associated with degenerate representations are analized. In these theories the anomalous dimensions are known exactly and the correlation functions satisfy the system of linear differential equations.
- A. Z. Patashinsky and V. L. Pokrovsky,Fluctuational Theory of Phase Transitions (Nauka, Moscow, 1982).
- A. M. Polyakov,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 66:23 (1974).
- K. G. Wilson,Phys. Rev. 179:1499 (1969).
- V. G. Kac,Lecture Notes in Physics 94:441 (1979).
- S. Mandelstam,Phys. Rep. 12C:1441 (1975).
- Infinite conformal symmetry of critical fluctuations in two dimensions
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 34, Issue 5-6 , pp 763-774
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Second order phase transitions
- two-dimensional systems
- operator algebra
- conformal symmetry
- Vivasoro algebra
- Kac formula
- Industry Sectors