A selective stain for mast cells
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A selective stain for mast cells in tissue sections is presented. The procedure is based on the resistance to destaining with absolute ethanol-acetic acid of the complex acid mucopolysaccharide-Toluidine Blue reinforced with ferrioxamine B.
- Blumenkrantz, N. (1957). Microtest for mucopolysaccharides by means of toluidine blue.Clin. Chem. 3, 696–702.
- Butler, W. F. (1971). Variations in the staining of cutaneous mast cells.Histochem. J. 3, 365–70.
- Goldstein, D. J. (1963). An approach to the thermodynamics of histological dyeing illustrated by experiments with Azure A.Q. Jl microsc. Sci. 104, 413–39.
- Heath, I. D. (1962). Observations on a highly specific method for the histochemical detection of sulphated mucopolysaccharides and its possible mechanisms.Q. Jl microsc. Sci. 103, 457–75.
- Holmgren, H. (1938). Eine neue Methode zur Fixierung der Ehrlich'schen Mastzellen.Z. wiss. Mikrosk. 55, 419–24.
- Schiller, S., Slover, G. A. &Dorfman, A. (1961). A method for the separation of acid mucopolysaccharides: Its application to the isolation of heparin from the skin of rats.J. biol. Chem. 236, 983–7.
- Zugibe, F. T. &Fink, M. L. (1966a). A new ion association technique for demonstrating polyanions in tissue sections.J. Histochem. Cytochem. 14, 147–52.
- Zugibe, F. T. &Fink, M. L. (1966b). A new ion association technique for identifying individual mucopolysaccharides and other polyanions in tissue sections.J. Histochem. Cytochem. 14, 153–8.
- A selective stain for mast cells
The Histochemical Journal
Volume 7, Issue 3 , pp 277-282
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors