- Zdzisław Pawlak
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We investigate in this paper approximate operations on sets, approximate equality of sets, and approximate inclusion of sets. The presented approach may be considered as an alternative to fuzzy sets theory and tolerance theory. Some applications are outlined.
- E. Konrad, E. Orłowska, and Z. Pawlak,An approximate concept learning (Berlin, Bericht, 1981), pp. 81–87.
- W. Marek and Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets and information systems,”ICS PAS Reports (441) (1981).
- Michalski, R. (1971) S., Pattern Recognition as Role-Guided Inductive Interference. IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 2: pp. 179-187
- E. Orłowska, “Semantics of vague concepts, Application of rough sets,”ICS PAS Reports (469) (1982).
- E. Orłowska, “Logic of vague concepts, Application of rough sets,”ICS PAS Reports (474) (1982).
- E. Orłowska and Z. Pawlak, “Measurement and observability, Application of rough sets,” (to appear).
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets,”ICS PAS Reports (431) (1981).
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough relations,”ICS PAS Reports (435) (1981).
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough functions,”ICS PAS Reports (167) (1981).
- Pawlak, Z. (1981) Information systems, theoretical foundations. Information systems 6: pp. 205-218
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets, Algebraic and topological approach,”ICS PAS Reports (482) (1982).
- Robinson, A. (1966) Non-standard analysis. North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam
- Zadah, L. A. (1965) Fuzzy sets. Information and Control 8: pp. 338-353
- E. O. Zeeman, “The Topology of the Brain and Visual Perception,” inTopology of 3-Manifolds and related topics, M. K. Fort, ed. (Englewood Cliffs, N.Y., 1962).
- Rough sets
International Journal of Computer & Information Sciences
Volume 11, Issue 5 , pp 341-356
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Artificial intelligence
- automatic classification
- cluster analysis
- fuzzy sets
- inductive reasoning
- learning algorithms
- measurement theory
- pattern recognition
- tolerance theory
- Industry Sectors
- Zdzisław Pawlak (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Computer Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, P.O. Box 22, 00-901, Warsaw, PKiN