Is group memebership a prerequisite for group identification?
- Jeffrey W. KochAffiliated withDepartment of Political Science, State University of New York
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The purpose of this research is to examine the theoretical considerations and empirical evidence for the operationalization of an important concept. I attempt to determine if group membership is a necessary condition for group identification and discuss the role of group identifications for translating political interests into political preferences.
- Is group memebership a prerequisite for group identification?
Volume 15, Issue 1 , pp 49-60
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Jeffrey W. Koch (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Political Science, State University of New York, 14454, Geneseo, New York