Curriculum development through Delphi
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This article reports on the use of the Delphi method for curriculum design in higher education. The basic Delphi methodology is outlined along with possible goals and objectives in a Delphi study. The results of an actual case study in the use of the Delphi method for curriculum development are reported. Attention is given to the problem of selecting participants for a Delphi exercise, followed by recommendations for future research.
- Best, R. J. An experiment in Delphi estimation in marketing decision making.Journal of Marketing Research, 1974,11, 448–452.
- Cecil, E. A., Cummings, L. L., and Chertkoff, J. M. Group composition and choice shift: Implications for administration.Academy of Management Journal, 1973,16, 412–422.
- Dalkey, N. C., and Helmer, O. An experimental application of the Delphi method to the use of experts.Management Science, 1963,9 (3).
- Dalkey, N. C. The Delphi method: an experimental study of group opinion. The RAND Corporation RM-5888-PR, 1969.
- Dryer, P., and Prentice, M. (1975). Planning educational futures.Education Forum, 1975,39, 479–483.
- Helmer, O. The future of science. The RAND Corporation P-3607, 1967.
- Huber, G. P., and Delbecq, A. Guidelines for combining the judgements of individual members in decision conferences.Academy of Management Journal 1972,15, 161–174.
- Jolson, M. A., and Rossow, G. L. The Delphi process in marketing decision making.Journal of Marketing Research, 1971,8, 443–448.
- Judd, R. C. Forecasting to consensus gathering, Delphi grows up to college needs.College and University Business, 1972,53.
- Linstone, H. A., and Turoff, M.The Delphi method: Techniques and Applications. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1975.
- Martin, L. L., and Maynard, O. Private institutions of higher education: an application of the Delphi technique.Intellect, 1973,102, 129–131.
- Milkovich, G., Annoni, A. J., and Mahoney, T. A. The use of the Delphi procedure in manpower forecasting.Management Science, 1972,19, 381–388.
- Owens, B. D. Decision theory in academic administration.Academy of Management Journal, 1968,11, 221–232.
- Page, E. B., Jarjowa, D., and Konopka, C. D. Curriculum design through operations research.American Educational Research Journal, 1976,13, 31–49.
- Pfeifer, J.New Look at Education. New York: Odyssey Press, 1968.
- Pill, J. The Delphi method: substance, context, a critique and an annotated bibliography.Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 1971,5.
- Rasp, A., Jr. A new tool for administrators: Delphi and decision making.North Central Association Quarterly, 1973–1974,48, 320–325.
- Rourke, F., and Brooks, G.The Managerial revolution in Higher Education. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1967.
- Schroeder, R. G. A survey of management science in university operations.Management Science, 1973,19, 895–906.
- Turoff, M. The design of a policy Delphy.Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 1970,2.
- Van de Ven, A. H., and Delbecq, A. L. The evvectiveness of nominal Delphi, and Interacting group decision making processes.Academy of Management Journal, 1974,17, 604–621.
- Welty, G. A critique of some long-range forecasting developments. Contributed Papers of the 38th Session of the International Statistical Institute. Washington, D. C., 1971.
- Welty, G. Some problems of selecting Delphi experts for educational planning and forecasting exercises.California Journal of Educational Research, 1973,24, 129–134.
- Curriculum development through Delphi
Research in Higher Education
Volume 8, Issue 2 , pp 157-168
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- curriculum development
- Delphi method