Curriculum development through Delphi
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This article reports on the use of the Delphi method for curriculum design in higher education. The basic Delphi methodology is outlined along with possible goals and objectives in a Delphi study. The results of an actual case study in the use of the Delphi method for curriculum development are reported. Attention is given to the problem of selecting participants for a Delphi exercise, followed by recommendations for future research.
- Best, R. J. (1974) An experiment in Delphi estimation in marketing decision making. Journal of Marketing Research 11: pp. 448-452
- Cecil, E. A., Cummings, L. L., Chertkoff, J. M. (1973) Group composition and choice shift: Implications for administration. Academy of Management Journal 16: pp. 412-422
- Dalkey, N. C., and Helmer, O. An experimental application of the Delphi method to the use of experts.Management Science, 1963,9 (3).
- Dalkey, N. C. The Delphi method: an experimental study of group opinion. The RAND Corporation RM-5888-PR, 1969.
- Dryer, P., Prentice, M. (1975) Planning educational futures. Education Forum 39: pp. 479-483
- Helmer, O. The future of science. The RAND Corporation P-3607, 1967.
- Huber, G. P., Delbecq, A. (1972) Guidelines for combining the judgements of individual members in decision conferences. Academy of Management Journal 15: pp. 161-174
- Jolson, M. A., Rossow, G. L. (1971) The Delphi process in marketing decision making. Journal of Marketing Research 8: pp. 443-448
- Judd, R. C. Forecasting to consensus gathering, Delphi grows up to college needs.College and University Business, 1972,53.
- Linstone, H. A., Turoff, M. (1975) The Delphi method: Techniques and Applications. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA
- Martin, L. L., Maynard, O. (1973) Private institutions of higher education: an application of the Delphi technique. Intellect 102: pp. 129-131
- Milkovich, G., Annoni, A. J., Mahoney, T. A. (1972) The use of the Delphi procedure in manpower forecasting. Management Science 19: pp. 381-388
- Owens, B. D. (1968) Decision theory in academic administration. Academy of Management Journal 11: pp. 221-232
- Page, E. B., Jarjowa, D., Konopka, C. D. (1976) Curriculum design through operations research. American Educational Research Journal 13: pp. 31-49
- Pfeifer, J. (1968) New Look at Education. Odyssey Press, New York
- Pill, J. The Delphi method: substance, context, a critique and an annotated bibliography.Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 1971,5.
- Rasp, A. (1973) A new tool for administrators: Delphi and decision making. North Central Association Quarterly 48: pp. 320-325
- Rourke, F., Brooks, G. (1967) The Managerial revolution in Higher Education. Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore
- Schroeder, R. G. (1973) A survey of management science in university operations. Management Science 19: pp. 895-906
- Turoff, M. The design of a policy Delphy.Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 1970,2.
- Ven, A. H., Delbecq, A. L. (1974) The evvectiveness of nominal Delphi, and Interacting group decision making processes. Academy of Management Journal 17: pp. 604-621
- Welty, G. A critique of some long-range forecasting developments. Contributed Papers of the 38th Session of the International Statistical Institute. Washington, D. C., 1971.
- Welty, G. (1973) Some problems of selecting Delphi experts for educational planning and forecasting exercises. California Journal of Educational Research 24: pp. 129-134
- Curriculum development through Delphi
Research in Higher Education
Volume 8, Issue 2 , pp 157-168
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- curriculum development
- Delphi method
- Industry Sectors