A note on Lindenmayer systems, Szilard languages, spectra, and equivalence
- Derick Wood
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We investigate the Szilard languages and the spectra of Lindenmayer systems through the generalization of Lindenmayer systems toK-iteration grammars and context-sensitiveK-iteration grammars. Various decidability and undecidability results are presented with respect to the evaluation of Szilard languages and spectra for particularK-iteration grammars. Further, two different definitions of the Szilard and spectral equivalence of twoK-iteration grammars are investigated.
- A. V. Aho, “Indexed grammars—an extension of context-free grammars,”J. Assoc. Comp. Machinery 15(4):647–671 (1968).
- A. Ehrenfeucht and G. Rozenberg, “The equality of EOL languages and codings of OL languages,”Int. J. Comp. Math. (1974).
- A. Ehrenfeucht and G. Rozenberg, “Nonterminals versus homomorphisms in defining languages for some classes of rewriting systems,”Acta Informatica (1974).
- G. T. Herman, “A biologically motivated extension of Algol-like languages,”Inf. Control 22(5):487–502 (1973).
- J. van Leeuwen, “F-iteration languages,” Memorandum, University of California at Berkeley (1973).
- J. van Leeuwen, “Hyper-AFL's and all pre-set PDA languages are indexed,” Memorandum, University of California at Berkeley (1973).
- A. Lindenmayer, “Mathematical models for cellular interactions in development, Parts I & II,”J. Theor. Biol. 18:280–315 (1968).
- A. Lindenmayer and G. Rozenberg, “Developmental systems and languages,” inProc. Fourth ACM Symp. on Theory of Computing (ACM, New York, 1972), pp. 214–221.
- A. Paz and A. Salomaa, “Integral sequential word functions and growth equivalence of Lindenmayer systems,”Inf. Control 23(4):313–343 (1974).
- G. Rozenberg, “Extension of tabled OL-systems and languages,”Int. J. Comp. Inf. Sci. 2(4):311–336 (1973).
- G. Rozenberg, “TOL systems and languages,”Inf. Control 23(4):357–381 (1973).
- G. Rozenberg, “L-systems with interactions,”J. Comp. Syst. Sci. (1974).
- G. Rozenberg and P. Doucet, “On OL languages,”Inf. Control 19:302–318 (1971).
- G. Rozenberg and D. Wood, “Generative models for parallel processes,”Comp. J. (1974).
- A. Salomaa,Formal Languages (Academic, New York, 1973).
- A. Salomaa, “Macros, iterated substitution and Lindenmayer AFL's,” University of Aarhus CSTR-DAIMI PB-18 (1973).
- A. Salomaa, Private communication (1974).
- A note on Lindenmayer systems, Szilard languages, spectra, and equivalence
International Journal of Computer & Information Sciences
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 53-62
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Lindenmayer systems
- Szilard languages
- K-iteration grammars
- regular languages
- language equivalence problems
- Industry Sectors
- Derick Wood (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Computer Science Group, Department of Applied Mathematics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada