The tennessee value-added assessment system (TVAAS): Mixed-model methodology in educational assessment
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Astin, A. W. (1982), Excellence and equity in American education. Washington, DC: National Commission on Excellence in Education. ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 227 098.
- Bingham, R.D., Heywood, J.S., & White, S.B. (1991). Evaluating schools and teachers based on student performance.Evaluation Review, 15, 191–218.
- Harville, D.A. (1976). Extension of the Gauss-Markov theorem to include the estimation of random effects.Annals of Statistics, 4, 384–395.
- Henderson, C.R. (1973). Sire evaluation and genetic trends.Proceedings of the Animal Breeding and Genetic Symposium in Honor of Dr. Jay L. Lush. Champaign, IL: ASAS and ADSA, pp. 10–41.
- — (1984).Applications of linear models in animal breeding. Guelph, Canada: University of Guelph.
- McLean, R.A., Sanders, W.L. (1984),Objective component of teacher evaluation: A feasibility study (Working Paper No. 199). Knoxville: University of Tennessee, College of Business Administration.
- McLean, R.A., Sanders, William L., & Stroup, Walter W. (1991). A unified approach to mixed linear models,American Statistician, 45, 54–64.
- Millman, J. (ed.), (1981).Handbook of teacher evaluation. Beverly Hills: Sage.
- Mood, A.M. (1950).Introduction to the theory of statistics. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Sanders, W.L. (1989). A multivariate mixed model. InApplications of mixed models in agriculture and related disciplines. Southern Cooperative Series Bulletin No. 343. Baton Rouge: Louisiana Agricultural Experiment Station, pp. 138–144.
- Sanders, W.L., et al. (1994). Effects of building change on indicators of student academic growth,Evaluation Perspectives, 4, 3–7.
- Searle, S.R. (1971).Linear models. New York: Wiley.
- Tennessee State Board of Education. (1992).The Master Plan for Tennessee Schools 1993. Nashville: Author.
- Travers, R.M.W. (1981). In J. Millmen (ed.),Handbook of teacher evaluation. Beverly Hills: Sage.
- Williams, P.L. (1989). Using customized standardized tests. Contract No. R-88-062003. Washington, DC: Office of Educational Research and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education. ERIC Digest No. ED 314429.
- The tennessee value-added assessment system (TVAAS): Mixed-model methodology in educational assessment
Journal of Personnel Evaluation in Education
Volume 8, Issue 3 , pp 299-311
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links