New paradigms in teacher evaluation: The SBESD model
- Jim Sweeney
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Bandura, A. (1971)Social learning theory. New York: General Learning.
- — (1982). Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency.American psychologist, 37(2), 122–147.
- — (1986).Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall.
- Blumberg, A. (1984). The principal as practical inquirer: Looking for workable answers.NASSP Bulletin, 68(476), 4–48.
- Brandt, R. (1987). On teacher evaluation: A conversation with Tom McGreal.Educational Leadership, 44(7), 20–24.
- Bridges, E.M. (1985). It's time to get tough with the turkeys.Principal, 64(3), 19–21.
- Cogan, M.L. (1973).Clinical supervision. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Corey, S.M. (1953).Action research to improve school practices. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Duke, D.L. & Stiggins, R. (1985).Teacher evaluation: Five keys to growth. Washington, D.C.: NEA Professional Library.
- Dulany, D.E. (1968). Awareness, rules, and propositional control: A confrontation with S-R Behavior theory. In T.R. Dixon & D.L. Horton (eds.),Verbal behavior and general behavioral theory. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall.
- Eaker, R.E. (1972). An analysis of the clinical supervision process as perceived by selected teachers and administrators. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Tennessee.
- Fullan, M.G. & Hargreaves, A. (1991).What's worth fighting for? Working together for your school. Toronto: Ontario Public Teachers' Federation.
- Fullan, M.G. & Stiegelbauer, S. (1991).The new meaning of educational change with S. Steigelbauer: New York: Teachers College Press.
- Garman, N.B. (1971). A study of clinical supervision as a resource of college teachers of English. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Pittsburgh.
- Garmston, R.J. (1987). How administrators support peer coaching.Educational Leadership, 44(5), 18–26.
- Glatthorn, A.A. (1984).Differentiated supervision Alexandria, Va.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Glickman, C.D. (1981).Developmental supervision: Alternative practices for helping teachers improve instruction. Alexandria, Va.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Goldhammer, R. (1969).Clinical supervision: Special methods for the supervision of teachers. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- Goodlad, J. (1984).A place called school. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- — (1991). Why we need a complete redesign of teacher education.Educational Leadership, 49(3) 4–6, 8–10.
- Hammond, L., Wise, A.E., & Pease, S.R. (1983). Teacher evaluation in the organizational context: A review of the literature.Review of Educational Research, 53(3), 285–328.
- Hargreaves, A., & Dawe, R. (1990). Paths of professional: Contrived collegiality, collaborative culture, and the case of peer coaching.Teaching and Teacher Education, 6(3), 227–241.
- Hodgkinson, H.L. (1957). Action research: A critique.Journal of Educational Sociology, 31(4), 137–153.
- Huberman, M.A. (1983). Improvement strategies that work: Some scenarios.Educational Leadership, 4(3), 23–27.
- Ilgen, D.R., Fisher, C.D., & Taylor, M.S. (1979). Consequences of individual feedback on behavior in organizations. Journal of Applied Psychology, (64), 349–371.
- Jackson, D. (1980). The uncertainties of teaching. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting.
- Johnson, A.W. (1991). A case study of a midwestern high school using Joyce's model to implement a complex school school improvement innovation: Authentic assessment Ph.D. dissertation, Iowa State University.
- Joyce, B. & Showers, B. (1987). Low cost arrangements for peer coaching.Journal of Staff Development, 8(1), 22–24.
- Joyce, B. School renewal as culture change.Educational Leadership. 47(3), 70–77.
- Kauchak, D. (1985). An interview study of teacher's attitudes toward evaluation practices.Journal of Research and Development in Education, 19(1), 32–38.
- Kerr, B.J. (1976). An investigation of the process of using feedback data within the clinical supervision cycle to facilitate teachers individualization of instruction. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Pittsburgh.
- Krajewski, R.J. (1976). Clinical supervision to facilitate self-improvement.Journal of Research and Development in Education, (9), 58–66.
- Little, J.W. (1981). The power of organizational setting (paper adapted from final report, School success and staff development) Washington D.C.: National Institute of Education.
- Lortie, D.C. (1975)Schoolteacher: A sociological study. Chicago, Ill.: University of Chicago Press.
- Loucks-Horsley, S., Harding, C.K., Arbuckle, M.A., Murray, L.B., Dubea, C., & Williams, M.K. (1987).Continuing to Learn: A guidebook for teacher development. Andover, Mass: Regional Laboratory for Educational Improvement of the Northeast and Islands.
- Manatt, R.P. (1989). Principal evaluation is largely wrong-headed and ineffective.Executive Educator, 11(11), 22–23.
- Mosher, R.L. (1974). Knowledge from practice: Clinical research and development in education.Counseling Psychologist, 4(4), 73–81.
- Reavis, C.A. (1977). A test of the clinical supervision model.Journal of Educational Research, 70(6), 311–315.
- Rosenholtz, S.J. (1990). Workplace conditions and the rise and fall of teachers' commitment.Sociology of Education, 63(4), 241–257.
- Schon, D. (1985).Educating the reflective practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Shinn, J.L. (1976). Teacher perceptions of ideal and actual supervisory training programs sponsored by the association of California School Administrators. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Oregon.
- Shulman, L.S. (1988). A union of insufficiencies: Strategies for teacher assessment in a period of educational reform.Educational Leadership, 46(3), 36–41.
- Shuma, K.Y. (1973). Changes effectuated by a clinical supervisory relationship which emphasize a helping relationship and a conference format made congruent with the establishment and maintenance of this helping relationship. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Pittsburgh.
- Smulyan, L. (1983). Action research on change in schools: A collaborative project. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Montreal, Canada.
- Sweeney, J. & Manatt, R.P. (1984). A team approach to supervising the marginal teacher.Educational Leadership, 41(7), 25–27.
- Tikunoff, W.J., Ward, B.A. & Griffin, G.A. (1979).Interactive research and development on teaching study: Final report. San Francisco: Far West Laboratory for Educational Research and Development.
- Valentine, W. (1992).Principals and practices for effective teacher evaluation. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Weick, K.E. (1982).The social psychology of organizing. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley.
- New paradigms in teacher evaluation: The SBESD model
Journal of Personnel Evaluation in Education
Volume 8, Issue 3 , pp 223-237
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Jim Sweeney (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Educational Administration, Iowa State University, N229 Lagomarcino Hall, 50011, Ames, IA