Teaching cotherapy: Instructional and supervisory processes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A course on cotherapy for mental health practitioners is described. The authors strongly recommend that clinicians from all disciplines be taught and trained to do cotherapy, since it is a highly effective therapeutic modality in treating individuals, families and groups.
- Bernard, H. S., Banineau, R. and Schwartz, A. J. (1980). Supervision-trainee cotherapy as a model for individual psychotherapy training.Psychiatry, 43, 138–145.
- Dick, B., Lessler, K. and Whiteside, J. (1980). A developmental framework for cotherapy.International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 30(30), 273–285.
- Gafni, S., Laub, B. and Lavie, Y. (1991). “Challenging” therapist-“Supportive” therapist: A model of therapeutic intervention with anorectic families.Family Therapy.
- Heilfron, M. (1969). Cotherapy: The relationship between therapists.International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 19(2), 366–381.
- Hoffman, S., and Gafni, S. (1984). Active interactional cotherapy,International journal of Family Therapy, 6(1), 53–58.
- Hoffman, S., Kohener, R., and Shapira, M. (1987). Two on one: Dialectical psychotherapy.Psychotherapy, 24, 212–216.
- Hoffman, S., Laub, B., Levin-Keini, N., and Zim, S. (Eds.) (1990).Cotherapy: Clinical Application with Individuals, Families and Groups. Israel, Bar-Ilan University (unpublished manuscript).
- Keith, D. V. and Whitaker, C. A. (1983). Cotherapy with families. In B. B. Wolman and G. Stricker (Eds.),Handbook of Family and Mental Therapy, New York: Plenum Press.
- Roller, B. and Nelson, V. (1991).The Art of Cotherapy: How Therapists Work Together. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Rubinstein, D. (1981). Cotherapy: Rationale, dynamics and techniques. Is two better than one? In R. Wohlberg and M. Aronson.Group and Family Therapy, New York, Brunner/Mazel.
- Russell, A. and Russell, L. (1980). The uses and abuses of cotherapy.Advances in Family Psychiatry, 2, 401–410.
- Teaching cotherapy: Instructional and supervisory processes
Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy
Volume 21, Issue 4 , pp 285-289
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links