Reinventing fidelity: The transfer of social technology among settings
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We thank Richard H. P. Mendes for his helpful comments and suggestions. This work was funded by National Institute of Mental Health grant 5P50-MH38280.
- Bachrach, L. L. (1988). On exporting and importing model programs.Hospital and Community Psychiatry, 39, 1257–1258.
- Berman, P., & McLaughlin, M. (1976). Implementation of educational innovation.Educational Forum, 40, 347–370.
- Berman, P., & McLaughlin, M. W. (1978). Federal programs supporting educational change: Implementating and sustaining innovations (Vol. 8). (Contract #R-1589/7). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Education.
- Berman, P., & Pauley, E. (1975).Federal programs supporting educational change. Vol. II: Factors affecting change agent projects. Santa Monica, CA: Rand Corp.
- Blakely, C. H., Mayer, J. P., Gottschalk, R. C., Schmitt, N., Davidson, W. S., Roitman, D. B., Emshoff, J. G. (1987). The fidelity-adaptation debate: Implications for the implementation of public sector social programs.American Journal of Community Psychology, 15, 253–268.
- Boruch, R. F., & Gomez, H. (1977). Sensitivity, bias and theory in impact evaluations.Professional Psychiatry, 8, 411–434.
- Calsyn, R., Tornatzky, L. G., & Dittman, S. (1977). Incomplete adoption of an innovation: The case of goal attainment scaling.Evaluation, 4, 127–130.
- Campbell, D. T., & Kimmel, A. J. (1985).Guiding preventive intervention research centers for research validity (Final report on Contract #SSN 552-12-4531). Center for Prevention Research, Division of Prevention and Special Mental Health Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, Public Health Service.
- Chen, H. T, & Rossi, P. (1984). Evaluating with sense: The theory driven approach. In R. F. Conner, D. G. Altman, & C. Jackson (Eds.),Evaluation studies review annual (Vol. 9). Beverly Hills: Sage.
- Cook, T. D., Leviton, L. C., & Shadish, W. R. Jr. (1985). Program evaluation. In G. Lindzey & E. Aronson (Eds.),The handbook of social psychology (3rd ed.). New York: Random House.
- Cronbach, L. (1982).Designing evaluations of educational and social programs. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Eveland, J. D., Rogers, E., & Klepper, C. (1977).The innovation process in public organizations: Some elements of a preliminary model. Springfield, VA: NTIS.
- Fairweather, G. W., & Davidson, W. S. (1986).An introduction to community experimentation: Theory, methods and practice. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Fairweather. G. W., Tornatzky, L. G., Fergus, E., & Avellar, J. (1982).Innovation and social process. New York: Pergamon.
- Hall, G. E., & Loucks, S. F. (1978, March).Innovation configurations: Analyzing the adaptation of innovations. Paper presented at the meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Holland, S. (1985). Using program information to plan evaluations. In D. S. Cordray (Ed.),Utilizing prior research in evaluation planning (pp. 63–78). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Jason, L. A., Durlak, J. A., & Holton-Walker, E. (1984). Prevention of child problems in the schools. In M. C. Roberts & L. Peterson (Eds.),Prevention of problems in childhood (pp. 311–342). New York: Wiley.
- Lieberman, M. A., & Borman, L. (1979).Self-help groups for coping with crisis. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Lipsey, M. W., Crosse, S., Dunkle, J., Pollard, J., & Stobarl, G. (1985). Evaluation: The state of the art and the sorry state of the science. In D. S. Cordray (Ed.),Utilizing prior research in evaluation planning (pp. 7–28). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Miller, C. L., Margolis, L. H., Schwethelm, B., & Smith, S. (1989). Barriers to implementation of a prenatal care program for low-income women.American Journal of Public Health, 79, 62–64.
- Pressman, J. L., & Wildavsky, A. B. (1973).Implementation. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Rappaport, J. (1977).Community psychology: Values, issues and action. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston.
- Rogers, E. M. (1978). Reinvention during the innovation process. In M. Radnor et al. (Eds.),The diffusion of innovations: An assessment (Contract No. PRA-7680388). Washington, DC: National Science Foundation.
- Sechrest, L., West, S. G., Phillips, M. A., Redner, R., & Yeaton, W. H. (1979). Some neglected problems in evaluation research: Strength and integrity of treatments. In L. Sechrest, S. G. West, M. A. Phillips, R. Redner, & W. H. Yeaton (Eds.),Evaluation studies review annual (Vol. 4). Beverly Hills: Sage.
- Stein, E. K., Bauman, L. J., & Ireys, H. T. (1991). Who enrolls in intervention trials: Discordance between professionals and subjects of perceived risks.American Journal of Community Psychology, 19, 603–617.
- Stolz, S. B., (1984). Preventive models: Implications for a technology of practice. In M. C. Roberts & L. Peterson (Eds.),Prevention of problems in childhood (pp. 391–414). New York: Wiley.
- Tracy, G. S., & Gussow, Z. (1976). Self-help health groups: A grass roots response to a need for services.Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 12, 381–398.
- Videka, L. M. (1979). Psychosocial adaptation in a medical self-help group. In M. Lieberman & A. Borman (Eds.),Self-help groups for coping with crisis (pp. 363–386). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Yeaton, W. H., & Sechrest, L. (1981).Innovations and organizations. New York: Wiley.
- Reinventing fidelity: The transfer of social technology among settings
American Journal of Community Psychology
Volume 19, Issue 4 , pp 619-639
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links