Solving nonlinear inequalities in a finite number of iterations
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper describes a modified Newton algorithm for solving a finite system of inequalities in a finite number of iterations.
- Polak, E.,Computational Methods in Optimization, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1971.
- Zakian, N., andAl-naib, U.,Design of Dynamical and Control Systems by the Method of Inequalities, Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Vol. 120, pp. 1421–1472, 1973.
- Becker, R. G., Heunis, A. J., andMayne, D. Q.,Computer Aided Design via Optimization, Imperial College, London, England, Department of Computing and Control, Research Report No. 78/47, 1978.
- Polak, E., andMayne, D. Q.,On the Finite Solution of Nonlinear Inequalities, University of California, Berkeley, California, Electronics Research Laboratory, Memorandum No. UCB/ERL-M78/80, 1978.
- Daniel, J. W.,On Perturbations in Systems of Linear Inequalities, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, Vol. 10, pp. 299–303, 1973.
- Powell, M. J. D.,Variable Metric Methods for Constrained Optimization, Paper Presented at the 3rd International Symposium on Computing Methods in Applied Science and Engineering, Paris, France, 1977.
- Solving nonlinear inequalities in a finite number of iterations
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 33, Issue 2 , pp 207-221
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Inequality constraints
- feasible point algorithms
- finite convergence
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Computer Aided Design Group, Department of Computing and Control, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London, England
- 2. Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences and Electronics Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, California