CSP-based object-oriented description and simulation of a reconfigurable adaptive beamforming architecture using the OODRA workbench
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Application of the Object-Oriented Design of Reliable/Reconfigurable Architectures (OODRA) workbench to the performance simulation of a reconfigurable adaptive digital beamforming architecture is described in this paper. The performance effects due to chip/wafer partitioning and reconfiguration for fault tolerance and yield enhancement are presented. The experiments described illustrate use of the OODRA workbench in architectural-level performance evaluation of algorithm-specific reconfigurable architectures, particularly for signal processing applications.
- Fuchs, W.K. The Impact of Parallel Architecture Granularity on Yield. In: Moore, Maly, Strojwas, eds. (1988) Yield Modeling and Defect Tolerance in VLSI. Adam Hilger, London, pp. 163-174
- S.Y. Kuo and W.K. Fuchs, “Spare Allocation and Reconfiguration in Large Area VLSI”,Proc. ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, pp. 609–612, 1988.
- D.K. Hwang and W.K. Fuchs, “CSP-Based Object-Oriented Description of Paralel Reconfigurable Architectures”,Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Wafer Scale Integration, pp. 111–120, 1989.
- Wolf, W. (1989) How to Build a Hardware Description and Measurement System on an Object-Oriented Programming-Language. IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design 8: pp. 288-301
- Notkin, D., Snyder, L. (1988) Experiences with Poker. SIGPLAN Notices 23: pp. 10-20
- G. Frank, D. Franke, and W. Ingogly, “An Architecture Design and Assessment System,”VLSI Design, pp. 30–50, Aug. 1985.
- F. Distante and V. Piuri, “APES: An Integrated System for Behavioral Design, Simulation and Evaluation of Array Processors,”Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Design, pp. 568–572, 1988.
- A. Krishnakumar, “ART-DACO: Architectural Research Tool Using Data Abstraction and Concurrency,”Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Design, pp. 18–21, 1987.
- Nichols, K.M., Edmark, J.T. (1988) Modeling Multicomputer Systems with PARET. Computer 21: pp. 39-48
- J.V. McCanny and J.G. McWhirter, “Some Systolic Array Developments in the United Kingdom,”Computer, pp. 51–63, July 1987.
- Hoare, C.A.R. (1978) Communicating Sequential Processes. Commun. ACM 21: pp. 666-677
- M. Linton and P. Calder, “The Design and Implementation of InterViews,” inUSENIX C++ Conference, pp. 256–267, 1987.
- Gorlen, K.E. (1987) An Object-Oriented Class Library for C++ Programs. Software-Practice and Experience 17: pp. 899-922
- Booth, A. (1951) A Signed Binary Multiplication Technique. Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 4: pp. 236-240
- M. McFarLand, A. Parker, and R. Camposano, “Tutorial on High-Level Synthesis,”Proc. ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, (Anaheim), pp. 330–336, 1988.
- D.E. Thomas et al., “The System Architect's Workbench,”Proc. ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, pp. 337–343, 1988.
- Ward, C.R. (1986) A Novel Algorithm and Architecture for Adaptive Digital Beamforming. IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation 34: pp. 338-346
- D.S. Broomhead et al., “A Practical Comparison of the Systolic and Wavefront Array Processing Architectures,”IEEE Workshop on VLSI Signal Processing, (Los Angeles), pp. 375–386, 1984.
- B. Krishnamurthy and P. Mellema, “On the Evaluation of Min-Cut Partitioning Algorithms for VLSI Networks,”International Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 12–15, 1983.
- Singh, A.D. (1988) Interstitial Redundancy: An Area-Efficient Fault Tolerance Scheme for Large-Area VLSI Processor Arrays. IEEE Trans Comput. 37: pp. 1398-1410
- CSP-based object-oriented description and simulation of a reconfigurable adaptive beamforming architecture using the OODRA workbench
Journal of VLSI signal processing systems for signal, image and video technology
Volume 2, Issue 3 , pp 159-172
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- application-specific architecture simulation
- object-oriented design
- reconfiguration evaluation
- Industry Sectors