CSP-based object-oriented description and simulation of a reconfigurable adaptive beamforming architecture using the OODRA workbench
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Application of the Object-Oriented Design of Reliable/Reconfigurable Architectures (OODRA) workbench to the performance simulation of a reconfigurable adaptive digital beamforming architecture is described in this paper. The performance effects due to chip/wafer partitioning and reconfiguration for fault tolerance and yield enhancement are presented. The experiments described illustrate use of the OODRA workbench in architectural-level performance evaluation of algorithm-specific reconfigurable architectures, particularly for signal processing applications.
- W.K. Fuchs et al., “The Impact of Parallel Architecture Granularity on Yield”, in Moore, Maly and Strojwas, eds.Yield Modeling and Defect Tolerance in VLSI, London: Adam Hilger, pp. 163–174, 1988.
- S.Y. Kuo and W.K. Fuchs, “Spare Allocation and Reconfiguration in Large Area VLSI”,Proc. ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, pp. 609–612, 1988.
- D.K. Hwang and W.K. Fuchs, “CSP-Based Object-Oriented Description of Paralel Reconfigurable Architectures”,Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Wafer Scale Integration, pp. 111–120, 1989.
- W. Wolf, “How to Build a Hardware Description and Measurement System on an Object-Oriented Programming-Language,”IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design, vol. 8, pp. 288–301 (1989).
- D. Notkin, L. Snyder et al., “Experiences with Poker,”SIGPLAN Notices, vol. 23, pp. 10–20, Sept. 1988.
- G. Frank, D. Franke, and W. Ingogly, “An Architecture Design and Assessment System,”VLSI Design, pp. 30–50, Aug. 1985.
- F. Distante and V. Piuri, “APES: An Integrated System for Behavioral Design, Simulation and Evaluation of Array Processors,”Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Design, pp. 568–572, 1988.
- A. Krishnakumar, “ART-DACO: Architectural Research Tool Using Data Abstraction and Concurrency,”Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Design, pp. 18–21, 1987.
- K.M. Nichols and J.T. Edmark, “Modeling Multicomputer Systems with PARET,”Computer, vol. 21., no. 5, pp. 39–48, May 1988.
- J.V. McCanny and J.G. McWhirter, “Some Systolic Array Developments in the United Kingdom,”Computer, pp. 51–63, July 1987.
- C.A.R. Hoare, “Communicating Sequential Processes,”Commun. ACM, vol. 21, pp. 666–677, 1978.
- M. Linton and P. Calder, “The Design and Implementation of InterViews,” inUSENIX C++ Conference, pp. 256–267, 1987.
- K.E. Gorlen, “An Object-Oriented Class Library for C++ Programs,”Software-Practice and Experience, vol. 17, pp. 899–922, 1987.
- A. Booth, “A Signed Binary Multiplication Technique,”Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math., vol. 4, pp. 236–240, 1951.
- M. McFarLand, A. Parker, and R. Camposano, “Tutorial on High-Level Synthesis,”Proc. ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, (Anaheim), pp. 330–336, 1988.
- D.E. Thomas et al., “The System Architect's Workbench,”Proc. ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference, pp. 337–343, 1988.
- C.R. Ward et al., “A Novel Algorithm and Architecture for Adaptive Digital Beamforming,”IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-34, pp. 338–346, 1986.
- D.S. Broomhead et al., “A Practical Comparison of the Systolic and Wavefront Array Processing Architectures,”IEEE Workshop on VLSI Signal Processing, (Los Angeles), pp. 375–386, 1984.
- B. Krishnamurthy and P. Mellema, “On the Evaluation of Min-Cut Partitioning Algorithms for VLSI Networks,”International Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 12–15, 1983.
- A.D. Singh, “Interstitial Redundancy: An Area-Efficient Fault Tolerance Scheme for Large-Area VLSI Processor Arrays,”IEEE Trans Comput., vol. 37, pp. 1398–1410, 1988.
- CSP-based object-oriented description and simulation of a reconfigurable adaptive beamforming architecture using the OODRA workbench
Journal of VLSI signal processing systems for signal, image and video technology
Volume 2, Issue 3 , pp 159-172
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- application-specific architecture simulation
- object-oriented design
- reconfiguration evaluation
- Industry Sectors