Optimal regulation policies for a multipurpose reservoir with seasonal input and return function
- S. Arunkumar
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Optimal regulation policies for a multipurpose reservoir are characterized analytically for the case where the input and return functions are subject to seasonal variations and the return function is piecewise linear, concave, and separable in reservoir volume and discharge. Efficient upper and lower bounds on optimal policies are derived for two important special cases. Necessary and sufficient conditions are obtained for a finite-time horizon optimal policy to be also optimal for the infinite-time horizon.
- Arunkumar, S.,Characterization of Optimal Operating Policies for Finite Dams, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 49, No. 2, 1975.
- Sobel, M. J.,Reservoir Management Models, Water Resources Research, Vol. 11, No. 6, 1975.
- Arunkumar, S., andYeh, W.,Probabilistic Models in the Design and Operation of a Multipurpose Reservoir System, California Water Resources Center, University of California, Davis, California, Contribution No. 144, 1973.
- Russell, C. B.,An Optimal Policy for Operating a Multipurpose Reservoir, Operations Research, Vol. 20, No. 6, 1972.
- Optimal regulation policies for a multipurpose reservoir with seasonal input and return function
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 21, Issue 3 , pp 319-328
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Storage theory
- dynamic programming
- water resources
- Industry Sectors
- S. Arunkumar (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. System Science Department, University of California, Los Angeles, California