An implicit function theorem
- K. Jittorntrum
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Suppose thatF:D⊂R n×Rm→Rn, withF(x 0,y 0)=0. The classical implicit function theorem requires thatF is differentiable with respect tox and moreover that ∂1 F(x 0,y 0) is nonsingular. We strengthen this theorem by removing the nonsingularity and differentiability requirements and by replacing them with a one-to-one condition onF as a function ofx.
- Ortega, J. M., andRheinboldt, W. C.,Iterative Solution of Nonlinear Equations in Several Variables, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1970.
- Greenberg, M.,Lectures on Algebraic Topology, W. A. Benjamin, Menlo Park, California, 1971.
- An implicit function theorem
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 25, Issue 4 , pp 575-577
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Implicit function theorem
- nonlinear programming
- Industry Sectors
- K. Jittorntrum (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Computing Research Group, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia