Stabilization through taxation inn-person games
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In formulating solutions forn-person cooperative games, the concept of stability has played a dominant role. Although the core concept has the strongest stability, the core of a game is often empty. In this paper, the taxation system is incorporated into our framework, so that a modified solution concept, which enjoys the stability of core, can be developed. Various formulations based on principles such astaxation proportional to income andequity after tax are given.
- Charnes, A., Littlechild, S., andSorensen, S.,Core-Stem Solutions of n-Person Essential Games, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 6, 1973.
- Bergstresser, K., andYu, P. L.,Relaxed Cores and Core-Stem Solutions in n-Person Games, University of Texas, Austin, Texas, Graduate School of Business, Working Paper No. 77–9, 1976.
- Roth, A. E.,Subsolutions of Cooperative games, Stanford University, Stanford, California, Institute for Mathematical Studies in the Social Sciences, Economics Series, Technical Report No. 118, 1973.
- Luce, R. D., andRaiffa, H.,Games and Decisions, John Wiley and Sons, New York, New York, 1957.
- Owen, G.,Game Theory, W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1968.
- Rappoport, A.,N-Person Game Theory, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1969.
- Bergstresser, K., andYu, P. L.,Domination Structures and Multicriteria Problems in N-Person Games, International Journal of Theory and Decision, 1977.
- Spinetto, R.,The Geometry of Solution Concepts for N-Person Cooperative Games, Management Science, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1974.
- Yu, P. L.,Domination Structures and Nondominated Solutions, Multicriteria Decision Making, Edited by G. Leitmann and A. Marzollo, Springer-Verlag, New York, New York, 1975.
- Leitmann, G., Editor,Multicriteria Decision making and Differential Games, Plenum Press, New York, New York, 1976.
- Cochrane, J. L., andZeleny, M., Editors,Multiple Criteria Decision Making, University of South Carolina Press, Columbia, South Carolina, 1973.
- Yu, P. L.,A Class of Solutions for Group Decision Problems, Management Science, Vol. 19, No. 8, 1973.
- Freimer, M., andYu, P. L.,Some New Results on Compromise Solutions for Group Decision Problems, Management Science, Vol. 22, No. 6, 1976.
- Stabilization through taxation inn-person games
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 23, Issue 2 , pp 277-284
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- n-person games
- grand coalition
- taxation systems
- nondominated imputation
- multicriteria framework
- Industry Sectors