Calculation of heat transfer in nozzles
- B. P. Mironov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The author proposes a simplified method for calculating the heat transfer in subsonic and supersonic nozzles. The method is based on a solution of the energy equation using relative heat transfer laws.
- N. U. Bakirov, “Convective heat transfer in convergent and divergent axisymmetric nozzles,” Izv. VUZ. Aviatsionnaya Tekhnika, no. 4, 1958.
- O. A. Saunders and P. H. Calder, ldHeat transfer in nozzles at supersonic speeds,” Eng., August, no. 8, 1952.
- W. E. Welsh and A. B. Witte, “Comparison of local heat fluxes found theoretically and experimentally in the chambers of liquid rocket motors,” Teploperedacha [Russian translation], no. 1, 1962.
- A. B. Witte and E. H. Harper, “Experimental investigation of heat transfer in rocket motor nozzles,” Raketnaya tekhnika i kosmonavtika [Russian translation], no. 2, 1963.
- S. Greenfield, “Determination of rocket motor heat transfer coefficients by the transient method,” J. Amer. Scien., vol. 18, no. 8, 1951.
- D. R. Bartz, “An approximate solution of compressible turbulent boundary layer development and convective heat transfer in convergent-divergent nozzles,” Trans. ASME, vol. 77, no. 8, 1955.
- D. R. Bartz, “A simple equation for rapid estimation of rocket nozzle convective heat transfer coefficients,” J. Jet Propuls., no. 1, 1957.
- E. U. Repik and V. E. Chekalin, “Convective heat transfer in supersonic nozzles,” Inzh. zh., vol. 2, no. 2, 1962.
- S. S. Kutateladze and A. I. Leont'ev, Turbulent Boundary Layer of a Compressible Gas [in Russian], Izd. SO AN SSSR, 1962.
- Collection: Friction and Heat and Mass Transfer in a Turbulent Boundary Layer [in Russian], edited by S. S. Kutateladze, Izd. SO AN SSSR, 1964.
- Calculation of heat transfer in nozzles
Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics
Volume 7, Issue 4 , pp 83-86
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- B. P. Mironov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Novosibirsk