Blow-up rates for parabolic systems
- Keng Deng
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Let Ω ⊂ ℝ n be a bounded domain andB R be a ball in ℝ n of radiusR. We consider two parabolic systems: ut=Δu +f(υ), υi=Δυ +g(u) in Ω × (0,T) withu=v=0 on δΩ × (0,T) andu t =Δu, v t =Δv inB r × (0,T) withδe/δv=f (v), δe/δv=g(u) onδB R × (0,T). Whenf(v) andg(u) are power law or exponential functions, we establish estimates on the blow-up rates for nonnegative solutions of the systems.
- H. Amann,Parabolic equations and nonlinear boundary conditions, J. Diff. Eqs. 72, 201–269 (1988).
- G. Caristi and E. Mitidieri,Blow-up estimates of positive solutions of a parabolic system, J. Diff. Eqs.113, 265–271 (1994).
- K. Deng,The blow-up behavior of the heat equation with Neumann boundary conditions, J. Math. Anal. Appl.188, 641–650 (1994).
- K. Deng,Global existence and blow-up for a system of heat equations with nonlinear boundary conditions, Math. Methods Appl. Sci.18, 307–315 (1995).
- J. Escher,Global existence and nonexistence for semilinear parabolic systems with nonlinear boundary conditions, Math. Ann.284, 285–306 (1989).
- M. Fila,Boundedness of global solutions for the heat equation with nonlinear boundary conditions, Comment. Math. Univ. Carolinae30, 479–484 (1989).
- A. Friedman and Y. Giga,A single point blow-up for solutions of semilinear parabolic systems, J. Fac. Sci. Univ. Tokyo Sec. IA Math.34, 65–79 (1987).
- A. Friedman and B. Mcleod,Blow-up of positive solutions of semilinear heat equations, Indiana Univ. Math. J.34, 425–447 (1985).
- M. G. Garroni and J. L. Menaldi,Green Functions For Second Order Parabolic Integro-differential Problems, Longman Scientific and Technical, New York 1992.
- B. Gidas, W.-M. Ni and L. Nirenberg,Symmetry and related properties via the maximum principle, Comm. Math. Phys.68, 209–243 (1979).
- B. Hu and H. M. Yin.The profile near blow-up time for solution of the heat equation with a nonlinear boundary condition, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.346, 117–136 (1994).
- H. A. Levine and G. M. Lieberman,Quenching of solutions of parabolic equations with nonlinear boundary conditions in several dimensions, J. Reine Ang. Math. 345, 23–38 (1983).
- H. A. Levine and L. Payne,Nonexistence theorems for the heat equations with nonlinear boundary conditions and for the porous medium equation backward in time, J. Diff. Eqs.16, 319–334 (1974).
- C. V. Pao,Nonlinear Parabolic and Elliptic Equations, Plenum Press, New York 1992.
- Blow-up rates for parabolic systems
Zeitschrift für angewandte Mathematik und Physik ZAMP
Volume 47, Issue 1 , pp 132-143
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Keng Deng (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Southwestern Louisiana, 70504, Lafayette, Louisiana, USA