Mechanism of the interaction of concentrated sulfuric acid and glacial acetic acid
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It was established by investigations of the IR spectra that the reaction between sulfuric and acetic acids proceeds in two steps: at the first step the H2SO4 and CH3COOH molecules interact in a 1∶2 ratio; at the second stage two more molecules of H2SO4 are added to the product obtained.
The stoichiometric ratio of the acids in the final product is 3∶2.
- M. I. Usanovich and T. N. Sumarokova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 1415 (1947).
- S. P. Miskidzhan and N. A. Trifonov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 1231 (1949).
- S. P. Miskidzhan and N. A. Trifonov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 2216 (1947).
- S. P. Miskidzhan, N. A. Trifonov, I. N. Fedos'ev, and N. N. Balandina, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,19, 441, 444 (1949).
- Yu. Ya. Fialkova and V. S. Zhikharev, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,33, 3 (1963).
- S. Hoshino, H. Hosoya, and S. Nagakura, Canad. J. Chem.,44, 1961 (1966).
- G. Del Rey, B. Pullman, and T. Yonezawa, Biochim. et Biophys, Acta,75, 153 (1963).
- L. M. Sverdlov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,17, 567 (1953).
- S. Kishida and K. Nakamoto, J. Chem. Phys.,41, 1554, 1558 (1964);42, 1662(1965).
- M. Haurie and A. Novak, J. Chim. Phys. et Phys. Chim. Biol.,62, 137 (1965).
- T. Higuchi and C. Rehm, Analyt. Chem.,27, 408 (1955).
- V. A. Zarinskii and I. A. Gur'ev, Zh. Analiticheskoi Khim.,18, 1306 (1961).
- V. A. Zarinskii and I. A. Gur'ev, Tr. po Khimii i Khim. Tekhnologii Gor'kovsk., In-ta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, No. 2, 267(1963).
- I. N. Putilova, Manual of Practical Exercises in Colloid Chemistry fin Russian], Goskhimizdat (1952), P. 81.
- Mechanism of the interaction of concentrated sulfuric acid and glacial acetic acid
Bulletin of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Division of chemical science
Volume 18, Issue 6 , pp 1217-1219
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors