Mechanism of the interaction of concentrated sulfuric acid and glacial acetic acid
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
It was established by investigations of the IR spectra that the reaction between sulfuric and acetic acids proceeds in two steps: at the first step the H2SO4 and CH3COOH molecules interact in a 1∶2 ratio; at the second stage two more molecules of H2SO4 are added to the product obtained.
The stoichiometric ratio of the acids in the final product is 3∶2.
- M. I. Usanovich and T. N. Sumarokova, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 1415 (1947).
- S. P. Miskidzhan and N. A. Trifonov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 1231 (1949).
- S. P. Miskidzhan and N. A. Trifonov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,17, 2216 (1947).
- S. P. Miskidzhan, N. A. Trifonov, I. N. Fedos'ev, and N. N. Balandina, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,19, 441, 444 (1949).
- Yu. Ya. Fialkova and V. S. Zhikharev, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,33, 3 (1963).
- S. Hoshino, H. Hosoya, and S. Nagakura, Canad. J. Chem.,44, 1961 (1966).
- G. Del Rey, B. Pullman, and T. Yonezawa, Biochim. et Biophys, Acta,75, 153 (1963).
- L. M. Sverdlov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,17, 567 (1953).
- S. Kishida and K. Nakamoto, J. Chem. Phys.,41, 1554, 1558 (1964);42, 1662(1965).
- M. Haurie and A. Novak, J. Chim. Phys. et Phys. Chim. Biol.,62, 137 (1965).
- T. Higuchi and C. Rehm, Analyt. Chem.,27, 408 (1955).
- V. A. Zarinskii and I. A. Gur'ev, Zh. Analiticheskoi Khim.,18, 1306 (1961).
- V. A. Zarinskii and I. A. Gur'ev, Tr. po Khimii i Khim. Tekhnologii Gor'kovsk., In-ta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, No. 2, 267(1963).
- I. N. Putilova, Manual of Practical Exercises in Colloid Chemistry fin Russian], Goskhimizdat (1952), P. 81.
- Mechanism of the interaction of concentrated sulfuric acid and glacial acetic acid
Bulletin of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Division of chemical science
Volume 18, Issue 6 , pp 1217-1219
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors