Crystal and molecular structure of phenylarsonic acid
- Yu. T. Struchkov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The crystal structure of phenylarsonic acid was determined from two projections of the electron density.
The following bond lengths were found: As-C=1.97A, As=O=1.65Δ, As-O=1.75 A. The As atoms have a distorted tetrahedral valence configuration.
The molecular packing is determined by the stable hydrogen bonds -O-H...O= of length 2.48 and 2.53 A, uniting the molecules into endless columns.
- J. Waser, V. Schomaker, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.67 2014 (1945).
- Tables of interatomic distances and configuration in molecules and ions edited by L. E. Sutton, London, 1958.
- E. G. Cox, M. W. Dougill, G. A. Jeffrey, J. Chem. Soc., 4854, (1952).
- F. R. Ahmed, D. W. J. Cruickshank, Acta Crystallogx.6, 385 (1953).
- A. I. Kitaigorodskii, Organic Crystallochemistry [in Russian] (Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow, 1955).
- Crystal and molecular structure of phenylarsonic acid
Bulletin of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Division of chemical science
Volume 9, Issue 11 , pp 1829-1833
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Yu. T. Struchkov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Heteroorganic Compounds, USSR