Demands and desires in daily life: Some influences on well-being
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The authors wish to acknowledge the helpful comments on an earlier draft provided by Darlene Goodhart, Douglas Kenrick, and Irwin Sandler.
- 1. Mullen, B. D.Undesirable, uncontrollable life changes and illness: A prospective study. Paper presented at the American Psychological Association meeting, Montreal, August 1980.
- Andrews, F., & Withey, S.Social indicators of well-being. New York: Plenum Press, 1976.
- Block, M., & Zautra, A. Satisfaction and distress in a community: A test of the effects of life events.American Journal of Community Psychology, 1981,9, 165–180.
- Bradburn, N.The structure of psychological well-being. Chicago: Aldine, 1969.
- Bulman, R. M., & Wortman, C. B. Attributions of blame and coping in the “real world”: Severe accident victims react to their lot.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1977,35, 351–363.
- Calder, B. Endogenous-exogenous versus internal-external attributions: Implications for the development of attribution theory.Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 1977,3, 400–406.
- Cohen, J., & Cohen, P.Applied multiple regression/correlation analysis for the behavioral sciences. Hillsdale, N.J.: Erlbaum, 1975.
- Derogatis, L. R., Lipman, R. S., & Covi, L. The SCL-90: An outpatient psychiatric rating scale.Psychopharmacology Bulletin, 1973,9, 13–28.
- Dohrenwend, B. S., & Dohrenwend, B. P. (Eds.).Stressful life events: Their nature and effects. New York: Wiley, 1974.
- Herzberg, F.Work and the nature of man. New York: World, 1966.
- Kanner, A. D., Coyne, J. C., Schaefer, C., & Lazarus, R. S. Comparison of two modes of stress measurement: Daily hassles and uplifts versus major life events.Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 1981,4, 1–39.
- Kruglanski, A. W. The endogenous-exogenous partition in attribution theory.Psychological Review, 1975,82, 387–405.
- Langer, E. J., & Rodin, J. The effects of choice and enhanced personal responsibility for the aged: A field experiment in an institutional setting.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1976,34, 191–198.
- Lubin, B. Adjective check list for the measurement of depression.Archives of General Psychiatry, 1965,17, 183–186.
- Rabkin, J. G., & Struening, E. L. Life events, stress and illness.Science, 1976,194, 1013–1020.
- Reich, J. W., & Zautra, A. Life events and personal causation: Some relationships with satisfaction and distress.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1981,41, 1002–1012.
- Westbrook, M. T. Positive affect: A method of content analysis for verbal samples.Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1976,44, 715–719.
- Zautra, A., & Reich, J. W. Positive life events and reports of well-being: Some useful distinctions.American Journal of Community Psychology, 1980,8, 657–670.
- Zautra, A., & Simons, L. Some effects of positive life events on community mental health.American Journal of Community Psychology, 1979,7, 441–451.
- Zuckerman, M. On the endogenous-exogenous partition in attribution theory.Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 1977,3, 387–399.
- Demands and desires in daily life: Some influences on well-being
American Journal of Community Psychology
Volume 11, Issue 1 , pp 41-58
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links