Community ties: Patterns of attachment and social interaction in urban neighborhoods
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This research was partially supported by NIMH Grant #ROIMH29620-01 and LEAA Grant #78-NI-AX-0057. The authors are grateful to their colleagues at the Center for Urban Affairs at Northwestern University and to Chris Keys for helpful comments on earlier drafts.
- Wellman, B.The community question: Intimate ties in East York (Research paper No. 90). Toronto, Canada: Center for Urban and Community Studies, University of Toronto, 1977.
- Skogan, W.The Center for Urban Affairs random-digit dialing telephone survey. Evanston, Ill.: Center for Urban Affairs, Northwester University, 1978.
- Mangione, T. W., & Noble, C.Baseline survey measures including update survey information for the evaluation of a crime control model. Boston: Center for Survey Research, University of Massachusetts, 1975.
- Merry, S.The Management of danger in a high-crime neighborhood. Paper presented at the American Anthropological Association, Washington, D.C., 1976.
- Kelly, J. G.The ecology of social support systems: Footnotes to a theory. Paper presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, 1977.
- Cattell, R. B. The screen test for the number of factors.Multivariate Behavioral Research, 1966,1, 245–276.
- Fischer, C. S.Networks and places: Social relations in the urban setting. New York: The Free Press, 1977.
- Geersten, R., Klauber, M., Rindflesh, M. R., Kane, R. L., & Gray, R. A. re-examination of Suchman's views on social factors in health care utilization.Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 1975,16, 226–236.
- Hunter, A. The loss of community: An empirical test through replication.American Sociological Review, 1975,40, 537–552.
- Kasarda, J. D., & Janowitz, M. Community attachment in mass society.American Sociological Review, 1974,39, 328–339.
- Keller, S.The urban neighborhood: A sociological perspective. New York: Random House, 1968.
- Nisbet, R. A.The quest for community. New York: Oxford University Press, 1969.
- Panzetta, A. F. The concept of community: The short-circuit of the mental health movement.Archives of General Psychiatry, 1971,25, 291–297.
- Sarason, S. B.The psychological sense of community: Prospects for community psychology. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1974.
- Schulman, N. Life-cycle variations in patterns of close relationships.Journal of Marriage and the Family, 1975,37, 813–821.
- Stack, C.All our kin. New York: Harper & Row, 1974.
- Task Panel on Community Support Systems.The President's Commission on Mental Health. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978.
- Tuchfarber, A., & Klecka, W. R.Random-digit dialing: Lowering the cost of victimization surveys. Washington, D.C.: The Police Foundation, 1976.
- Warren, D. I., & Warren, R. B. Six kinds of neighborhoods.Psychology Today, 1975,9, 74–80.
- Community ties: Patterns of attachment and social interaction in urban neighborhoods
American Journal of Community Psychology
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 55-66
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links