Community ties: Patterns of attachment and social interaction in urban neighborhoods
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This research was partially supported by NIMH Grant #ROIMH29620-01 and LEAA Grant #78-NI-AX-0057. The authors are grateful to their colleagues at the Center for Urban Affairs at Northwestern University and to Chris Keys for helpful comments on earlier drafts.
- Wellman, B. (1977) The community question: Intimate ties in East York. Center for Urban and Community Studies, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Skogan, W. (1978) The Center for Urban Affairs random-digit dialing telephone survey. Center for Urban Affairs, Northwester University, Evanston, Ill.
- Mangione, T. W., Noble, C. (1975) Baseline survey measures including update survey information for the evaluation of a crime control model. Center for Survey Research, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Merry, S.The Management of danger in a high-crime neighborhood. Paper presented at the American Anthropological Association, Washington, D.C., 1976.
- Kelly, J. G.The ecology of social support systems: Footnotes to a theory. Paper presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, 1977.
- Cattell, R. B. (1966) The screen test for the number of factors. Multivariate Behavioral Research 1: pp. 245-276
- Fischer, C. S. (1977) Networks and places: Social relations in the urban setting. The Free Press, New York
- Geersten, R., Klauber, M., Rindflesh, M. R., Kane, R. L., Gray, R. A. (1975) re-examination of Suchman's views on social factors in health care utilization. Journal of Health and Social Behavior 16: pp. 226-236
- Hunter, A. (1975) The loss of community: An empirical test through replication. American Sociological Review 40: pp. 537-552
- Kasarda, J. D., Janowitz, M. (1974) Community attachment in mass society. American Sociological Review 39: pp. 328-339
- Keller, S. (1968) The urban neighborhood: A sociological perspective. Random House, New York
- Nisbet, R. A. (1969) The quest for community. Oxford University Press, New York
- Panzetta, A. F. (1971) The concept of community: The short-circuit of the mental health movement. Archives of General Psychiatry 25: pp. 291-297
- Sarason, S. B. (1974) The psychological sense of community: Prospects for community psychology. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco
- Schulman, N. (1975) Life-cycle variations in patterns of close relationships. Journal of Marriage and the Family 37: pp. 813-821
- Stack, C. (1974) All our kin. Harper & Row, New York
- The President's Commission on Mental Health. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- Tuchfarber, A., Klecka, W. R. (1976) Random-digit dialing: Lowering the cost of victimization surveys. The Police Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Warren, D. I., Warren, R. B. (1975) Six kinds of neighborhoods. Psychology Today 9: pp. 74-80
- Community ties: Patterns of attachment and social interaction in urban neighborhoods
American Journal of Community Psychology
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 55-66
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors