Light propagation in a weak gravitational field of a stochastic system of pointlike sources
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Trajectories of light rays in a gravitational field created by a homogeneous distribution of pointlike masses are considered in the framework of General Relativity. A method of approximate computation of statistical characteristics of such trajectories is suggested, with the accuracy up to first order in the gravitational constant. The estimates of the shift in the direction of a light ray and of the change in the angular coordinates of the light source are obtained.
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Field Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967), Sec. 98.
- V. F. Mukhanov, Uspekhi Fiz. Nauk,133, No. 4, 729 (1981).
- S. Hacyan, Ap. Lett.,22, No. 3, 97 (1982).
- S. Chandrasekhar, Stochastic Problems in Physics and Astronomy [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1947).
- Light propagation in a weak gravitational field of a stochastic system of pointlike sources
Soviet Physics Journal
Volume 29, Issue 12 , pp 1019-1023
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors