The relationships among height, penile length, and foot size
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To determine whether "folk myths" regarding the relationships of penile size to body height and foot size have any basis in fact, 63 normally virilized men were studied. Height and stretched penile length were measured; shoe size was recorded and converted to foot length. Penile length was found to be statistically related to both body height and foot length, but with weak correlation coefficients. Height and foot size would not serve as practical estimators of penis length.
- Ajmani, M.L., Jain, S.P., & Saxena, S.K. (1985). Anthropometric study of male external genitalia of 320 healthy Nigerians.Anthropologischer Anzeiger, 43, 179–186.
- Chaurasia, B.D. & Singh, T.B. (1974). Anthropological data of male external genitals in central Indian healthy adults.Anthropologischer Anzeiger, 34, 210–216.
- Farkas, L.G. (1976). Basic morphological data of external genitals in 177 healthy central European men.American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 34, 325–328.
- Fujieda, K. & Matsuura, N. (1987). Growth and measurement in the male genitalia from birth to adolescence. II. Change of penile length.Acta Paediatrica Japonica, 19, 220–223.
- Janda, L.H. & Klenke-Hamel, K.E. (1980).Human sexuality. New York: Van Nostrad, pp 15–40.
- Johnson, W.R. & Belzer, E.G. (1973).Human sexual behaviour and sex education, 3rd edition. London: Lea and Fiberger, pp. 31–86.
- Loeb, H. (1899). Harnrohrencapacitat und Tripperspritzen.Munchen Medizinische Wochenschrift, 46, 1016–1019
- Masters, W.H. & Johnson, V.E. (1980).Human sexual response. Boston: Little, Brown, & Co., pp. 191–192.
- McCary, J.L. (1971).Sexual myths and fallacies. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., pp. 1–36.
- Schonfeld, W.A. (1943). Primary and secondary sexual characteristics.American Journal of Diseases of Children, 65, 535–549.
- Schonfeld, W.A. & Beebe, G.W. (1942). Normal growth and variations in the male genitalia from birth to maturity.Journal of Urology, 48, 759–777.
- The relationships among height, penile length, and foot size
Annals of sex research
Volume 6, Issue 3 , pp 231-235
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 2. Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Mount Sinai Hospital & The Toronto Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada