Development of the concepts of volume filling of micropores in the adsorption of gases and vapors by microporous adsorbents
- M. M. DubininAffiliated withInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the USSRBelorussian Technological Institute
- , V. A. AstakhovAffiliated withInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the USSRBelorussian Technological Institute
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Synthetic zeolites of various compositions and crystal chemical structures differ extremely substantially in average density in the adsorption space of the cations accessible for direct interaction with the molecules being adsorbed, and in their number for a unit mass of the adsorbent. This determines the limiting cases of adsorption with a weakly or strongly expressed role of the electrostatic component in the total adsorption interaction.
The volume nature of the filling of the micropores of the zeolite and, in a satisfactory approximation, the temperature invariance of the characteristic equation of adsorption, are the experimental bases for the theory of the adsorption of gases and vapors on zeolites.
In the case of weakly expressed electrostatic interactions, the adsorption on zeolites is closest in nature to adsorption on microporous adsorbents, which do not contain active centers in the form of cations in the adsorption space.
- Development of the concepts of volume filling of micropores in the adsorption of gases and vapors by microporous adsorbents
Bulletin of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Division of chemical science
Volume 20, Issue 1 , pp 8-12
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors