Lateral collateral ligament tear of the knee: appearances on bone scintigraphy with single-photon emission tomography
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We report two cases, with magnetic resonance imaging correlation, of acute lateral collateral ligament tear of the knee following trauma with findings on bone scintigraphy with single-photon emission tomography (SPET). The typical bone scan features are presented. In addition, the advantages of the use of SPET in the detection of associated lesions are discussed.
- Herman LJ, Beltran J. Pitfalls in MR imaging of the knee.Radiology 1988; 167: 775–781.
- Murray IPC, Dixon J, Kohan L. SPECT for acute knee pain.Clin Nucl Med 1990; 15: 828–840.
- Collier BD, Johnson RP, Carrera GF, Isitman AT, Veluvolu P, Knobel J, Hellman RS, Barthelemy CR. Chronic knee pain assessed by SPECT: comparison with other modalities.Radiology 1985; 157: 795–802.
- Fajman WA, Diehl M, Dunaway E. SPECT for acute knee pain.J Nucl Med 1985; 26: 77.
- Paletta GA, Warren RE Knee injuries and Alpine skiing. Treatment and rehabilitation.Sports Med 1994; 17: 411–423.
- Marks PH, Goldenberg JA, Vezina WC, Chamberlain MJ, Vellet AD, Fowler PJ. Subchondral bone infractions in acute ligamentous knee injuries demonstrated on bone scintigraphy and magnetic resonance imaging.J Nucl Med 1992; 35: 516–520.
- Ryan PJ, Taylor M, Grevitt M, Allen P, Shields J, Clarke SE, Fogelman I. Bone single-photon emission tomography in recent meniscal tears: an assessment of diagnostic criteria.Eur J Nucl Med 1993; 20: 703–707.
- Lateral collateral ligament tear of the knee: appearances on bone scintigraphy with single-photon emission tomography
European Journal of Nuclear Medicine
Volume 23, Issue 6 , pp 720-722
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Knee scintigraphy
- Technetium-99m methylene diphosphate
- Single-photon emission tomography
- Lateral collateral ligament
- Industry Sectors