Ambient temperature CO oxidation using copper manganese oxide catalysts prepared by coprecipitation: effect of ageing on catalyst performance
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Copper manganese oxides are prepared using a coprecipitation procedure and studied for the oxidation of CO at ambient temperature. In particular, the effect of the ageing tune, i.e. the time that the precipitate remains in contact with the precipitating medium, is investigated. It is shown that this parameter is of crucial importance in controlling the catalytic performance and that catalysts which are aged for ⩽30 min or ⩾ 300 min give the best performance. Preliminary characterisation using powder X-ray diffraction indicates that a combination between CuO and copper manganese oxide may be responsible for the enhanced activity observed with these samples.
- J.C.J. Bart and R.P.A. Sneeden, Catal. Today 2 (1987) 1.
- D. Waller, D. Stirling, F.S. Stone and M.S. Spencer, Faraday Discussions Chem. Soc. 87 (1989) 107.
- R.W. Joyner, F. King, M.A. Thomas and G. Roberts, Catal. Today 10 (1991) 417.
- S. Fujita, A.M. Satriyo, G.C. Shen and N. Takezawa, Catal. Lett. 34 (1995) 85.
- T.H. Rogers, C.S. Piggot, W.H. Bahlke and J.M. Jennings, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 43 (1921) 1973.
- H.A. Jones and H.S. Taylor, J. Phys. Chem. 27 (1923) 623.
- M. Haruta, N. Yamada, T. Kobayashi and S. Iijima, J. Catal. 115 (1989) 301.
- P.A. Wright, S. Natarajan, J.M. Thomas and P.L. Gai-Boyes, Chem. Mater. 4 (1992) 1053.
- S. Veprek, D.L. Cocke, S. Kehl and H.R. Oswald, J. Catal. 100 (1986) 250.
- L. Yang, S.F. Chan, W.S. Chang and Y.Z. Chen, J. Catal. 130 (1991) 52.
- C.H. Yoon and D.L. Cocke, J. Catal. 113 (1988) 267.
- B. Kanungo, J. Catal. 58 (1979) 419.
- Ambient temperature CO oxidation using copper manganese oxide catalysts prepared by coprecipitation: effect of ageing on catalyst performance
Volume 42, Issue 1-2 , pp 21-24
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Baltzer Science Publishers, Baarn/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- catalyst preparation
- effect of ageing
- copper manganese oxide
- CO oxidation
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Leverhulme Centre for Innovative Catalysis, Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool, L69 3BX, Liverpool, UK
- 2. Catalysis Research Centre, Department of Chemistry, University of Nottingham at Trent, NG117NS, Nottingham, UK