Preparation of supported gold catalysts from gold complexes and their catalytic activities for CO oxidation
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A phosphine-stabilized mononuclear gold complex Au(PPh3)(NO3) (1) and a phosphine-stabilized gold cluster [Aug(PPh3)8](NO3)3 (2) were used as precursors for preparation of supported gold catalysts. Both complexes 1 and 2 supported on inorganic oxides such as α-Fe2O3, TiO2, and SiO2 were inactive for CO oxidation, whereas the 1 or 2/ oxides treated under air or CO or 5% h2/Ar atmosphere were found to be active for CO oxidation. The catalytic activity depended on not only the treatment conditions but also the kinds of the precursor and the supports used. The catalysts derived from 1 showed higher activity than those derived from 2. α-Fe2O3 and TiO2 were much more efficient supports than SiO2 for the gold particles which were characterized by XRD and EXAFS.
- J. Schwank, Gold Bull. 16 (1983) 103.
- A.G. Daglish and D.D. Eley,Proc. 2nd ICC, Vol. 2 (1961) p. 1615.
- D.Y. Cha and G. Parravano, J. Catal. 18 (1970) 200.
- S. Galvagno and G. Parravano, Ber. Bunsenges. Phys. Chem. 83 (1979) 894.
- N.W. Cant and P.W. Fredrickson, J. Catal. 37 (1975) 531.
- S.D. Lin, M. Bollinger and M.A. Vannice, Catal. Lett. 17 (1993) 245.
- P. Buffat and J.-P. Borel, Phys. Rev. A 13 (1976) 2287.
- M. Haruta, T. Kobayashi, H. Sano and N. Yamada, Chem. Lett. (1987) 405.
- M. Haruta, N. Yamada, T. Kobayashi and S. Iijima, J. Catal. 115 (1989) 301.
- M. Haruta, S. Tsubota, T. Kobayashi, H. Kageyama, M.J. Genet and B. Delmon, J. Catal. 144 (1993) 175.
- A. Baiker, M. Macijewski, S. Tagliaferri and P. Hug, J. Catal. 151 (1995) 407.
- T. Castro, Y.Z. Li, R. Rifenberger, E. Choi, S.B. Park and R.P. Andres,ACS Symp. Ser. No. 437 (Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, 1990) p. 329.
- K.P. Hall and D.M.P. Mingos, in:Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 32, ed. S.J. Lippard (Wiley, New York, 1984) p. 237.
- S.L. Scott and J.M. Basset, J. Mol. Catal. 86 (1994) 5.
- A. Zecchina and C. Otero-Arean, Catal. Rev. Sci. Eng. 35 (1993) 261.
- B.C. Gates, Chem. Rev. 95 (1995) 511.
- F. Cariati and L. Naldini, J.C.S. Dalton (1972) 2286.
- S. Tsubota, M. Haruta, T. Kobayashi, A. Veda and Y. Nakahara, in:Preparation of Catalysts, Vol. 5, eds. G. Poncelet, P.A. Jacobs, P. Grange and B. Delmon (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1991) p. 695.
- K.I. Choi and M.A. Vannice, J. Catal. 131 (1991) 1.
- Y. Yuan, K. Asakura, H. Wan, K. Tsai and Y. Iwasawa, Chem. Lett. (9) (1996), in press.
- Preparation of supported gold catalysts from gold complexes and their catalytic activities for CO oxidation
Volume 42, Issue 1-2 , pp 15-20
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Baltzer Science Publishers, Baarn/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- supported gold catalysts
- CO oxidation
- gold monomer and cluster
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, 113, Tokyo, Japan
- 2. Department of Chemistry and State Key Laboratory for Physical Chemistry of the Solid Surface, Xiamen University, 361005, Xiamen, PR China
- 3. Research Center for Spectrochemistry, Faculty of Science, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, 113, Tokyo, Japan