Cavitation during the superplastic deformation of an α/β brass
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Cavitation during superplastic tensile flow has been studied in anα/β brass using metallography and precision density measurements. Cavities nucleated primarily at triple points and were sometimes associated with small second phase particles. The level of cavitation increased as strain, strain rate and grain size were increased and as the temperature was decreased. The influence of these variables can be interpreted in terms of their effects on cavity nucleation and/or cavity growth rates.
- C. W. Humphries andN. Ridley,J. Mater. Sci. 9 (1974) 1429. CrossRef
- G. L. Dunlop andD. M. R. Taplin,J. Amt. Inst. Metals. 16 (1971) 195.
- G. L. Dunlop, E. Shapiro, D. M. R. Taplin andJ. Crane,Met. Trans. 4 (1973) 2039. CrossRef
- R. D. Schelleng andG. H. Reynolds,ibid. 4 (1973) 2199. CrossRef
- N. Ridley andC. W. Humphries, Proceedings of the Conference on “Grain Boundaries”, (Institution of Metallurgists, London, 1976).
- C. I. Smith, B. Norgate andN. Ridley,Met. Sci. 10 (1976) 182.
- S. Sagat, P. Blenkinsop andD. M. R. Taplin,J. Inst. Metals 100 (1972) 268.
- W. A. Backofen, I. R. Turner andD. H. Avery,Trans. ASM. 57 (1964) 980.
- D. H. Avery andW. A. Backofen,ibid. 58 (1965) 551.
- R. G. Fleck, C. J. Beevers andD. M. R. Taplin,J. Mater. Sci. 9 (1974) 1737. CrossRef
- S. Sagat andD. M. R. Taplin,Acta Met. 24 (1976) 307. CrossRef
- Cavitation during the superplastic deformation of an α/β brass
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 13, Issue 11 , pp 2477-2482
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors