Cytophysiological differences between the embryoblast and trophoblast of rat embryos as revealed by vital staining
- N. A. Samoshkina
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The cytophysiological method was used to study the early stages of rat development in vitro. Along with the formation of granules de novo in the cytoplasm of embryonic cells neutral red stained some pre-existing structures. The type of intravital staining and the intensity of granule formation differed at various developmental stages. In the early preimplantation stages (from the second to the fifth day) the intensity of granule formation in the embryoblast cells was greater than in the trophoblast cells. Conversely, immediately after the implantation (the seventh-tenth days) the extraembryonic formations (yolk entoderm, ectoplacental cone, giant cells of the trophoblast) stain more intensely; embryonic and intestinal entoderm stain much more weakly. The character of granule dis tribution in the tissues of rat embryos at various developmental periods is explained by the peculiarities of growth and differentiation of individual anlagen of mammals at various stages of ontogenesis.
- V. Ya. Aleksandrov, Byull. éksper. biol.,25, 3, 233 (1948).
- D. N. Nasonov and V. Ya. Aleksandrov, The Reaction of Living Matter to External Agents [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1940).
- E. A. Pozhidaev, Tsitologiya.,1, 75 (1963).
- A. M. Dalcq and A. Seaton Jones, Bull. cl. sci. Acad. ray. Belg.,35, Ser 5, p. 500 (1949).
- A. M. Dalcq, Proc. kon. ned. Akad. Wet. Sec. C.,54, p. 351, 365, 469 (1951).
- Idem, Bull Acad. roy. Med. Belg.,17, Ser. 6, p. 236 (1952).
- Idem, Soc. Biol.,148, p. 1332 (1954).
- Idem, Arch. Biol. Liege,71, p. 93 (1960).
- T. Iida, Zool. Mag. (Tokyo),54, p. 364 (1942).
- L. Izquierdo and R. Comp., Soc. Biol.,148, p. 1504 (1954).
- M. K. Kohima, Embryologia (Nagoya),4, p. 191 (1959).
- J. Mulnard, Arch. Biol. (Liege),66, p. 525 (1955).
- J. Mulnard, W. Auclari, and D. Marsland J. Embryol. exp. Marph.,7, p. 223 (1959).
- L. I. Rebhun, Biol. Bull,113, p. 353 (1957).
- Idem,117, p. 518 (1959).
- Idem, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci.,90, p. Art. 2, p. 357 (1960).
- A. Seaton Jones, Ann. Soc. roy. Zool Belg.,80, p. 76 (1950).
- L. G. Worley and E. V. Worley, J. Morph.,73, p. 365 (1943).
- L. G. Worley, Ibid.75, p. 77 (1944).
- Cytophysiological differences between the embryoblast and trophoblast of rat embryos as revealed by vital staining
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine
Volume 57, Issue 1 , pp 94-98
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- N. A. Samoshkina (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Experimental Medicine of the AMN SSSR, Leningrad