Conserved quantities from piecewise Killing vectors
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In the presence of symmetries, conserved quantities can be obtained by contracting the stress-energy tensor with a Killing vector. We generalize this result to piecewise Killing vectors by giving sufficient conditions for the construction of an associated conserved quantity. A typical example, namely, two stationary space-times joined together in such a way that the resulting space-time is not stationary, is treated in detail.
- Dray, T., and 't Hooft, G. (1985).Commun. Math. Phys.,99, 613.
- Dray, T., and Joshi, P. S. (1989).Class. Quant. Grav., (to appear).
- Clarke, C. J. S., and Dray, T. (1987).Class. Quant. Grav.,4, 265.
- Conserved quantities from piecewise Killing vectors
General Relativity and Gravitation
Volume 21, Issue 7 , pp 741-745
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors