Motion of primordial black holes in the early universe and their likely distribution today
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We look in detail at those effects which slow down black holes of mass ∼1015 g and affect their spatial distribution today. In particular we treat effects caused by the charge fluctuations of the hole which result from quantum-mechanical processes. The dominant energyloss mechanism for the holes is the expansion of the universe, which leaves them virtually at rest at the time of galaxy formation. The resultant violent relaxation should concentrate roughly half of them in present-day galaxies and their halos.
- Hawking, S. W. (1971).Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc.,152, 75.
- Carr, B. J. (1975).Astrophys. J.,201, 1.
- Carr, B. J., and Hawking, S. W. (1974).Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc.,168, 399.
- Carr B. J. (1976).Astrophys. J.,206, 8
- Hawking, S. W. (1974).Nature,248, 30.
- Hawking, S. W. (1975).Commun. Math. Phys.,43, 199.
- Page, D. N. (1976).Phys. Rev. D,13, 198.
- Page, D. N. (1976).Phys. Rev. D,14, 3260.
- Page, D. N. (1977).Phys. Rev. D,16, 2402.
- Carter, B. (1974).Phys. Rev. Lett.,33, 558.
- Chapline, G. F. (1975).Nature,253, 251.
- Carter, B., Gibbons, G. W., Lin, D. N. C., and Perry, M. J. (1976).Astron. Astrophys.,52, 427.
- Unruh, W. G. (1976).Phys. Rev. D.,14, 3251.
- Page, D. N., and Hawking, S. W. (1976).Astrophys. J.,206, 1.
- Rees, M. J. (1977).Nature,266, 333.
- Porter, N. A., and Weeks, T. C. (1977).Astrophys. J.,212, 224.
- Weinberg, S. (1972).Gravitation and Cosmology, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Jackson, J. D. (1975).Classical Electrodynamics, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Motion of primordial black holes in the early universe and their likely distribution today
General Relativity and Gravitation
Volume 12, Issue 11 , pp 881-893
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors