Particle production from signature change
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We consider the (massless) scalar field on 2-dimensional manifolds whose metric changes signature and which admit a spacelike isometry. Choosing the wave equation so that there will be a conserved Klein-Gordon product implicitly determines the junction conditions one needs to impose in order to obtain global solutions. The resulting mix of positive and negative frequencies produced by the presence of Euclidean regions depends only on the total width of the regions, and not on the detailed form of the metric.
- Anderson, A., and DeWitt, B. (1986).Found. Phys.,16 91.
- Manogue, C. A., Dray, T., and Copeland, E. (1988).Pramāna,30 279.
- Harris, S. G., and Dray, T. (1990).Class. Quant. Grav.,7 149.
- Horowitz, G. (1991). “Topology Change in Classical and Quantum Gravity,”Class. Quantum Grav., to appear.
- Horowitz, G., and Steif, A. (1991). In preparation.
- Dray, T., Manogue, C. A., Tucker, R. W. (1991). “The Effect of Signature Change on Scalar Field Propagation,” in preparation.
- Particle production from signature change
General Relativity and Gravitation
Volume 23, Issue 8 , pp 967-971
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors