Path integration in phase space
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We develop a method for defining and performing path integrals in phase space. This work generalizes to phase space the method formulated in recent years for path integration in configuration space. We give the relationship between the Wiener measure and the Liouville measure.
- DeWitt-Morette, C. (1916) Ann. Phys. N.Y. 97: pp. 367
- Expanded version of the present article available as a preprint to be ultimately included in a monograph.
- Abers, E. S., Lee, B. W. (1973) Phys. Rep. 9c: pp. 1
- Cameron, R. H., Martin, W. T. (1945) Trans. Am. Math. Soc. 58: pp. 184
- Clutton-Brock, M. (1965) Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc. 61: pp. 201
- DeWitt-Morette, C. (1974) Commun. Math. Phys. 28: pp. 47
- DeWitt-Morette, C. (1974) Commun. Math. Phys. 37: pp. 63
- Faddeev, L. (1969) Theor. Math. Phys. 1: pp. 1
- Feynman, R. P. (1948) Rev. Mod. Phys. 20: pp. 367
- Feynman, R. P. (1951) Phys. Rev. 84: pp. 108
- Garrod, C. (1966) Rev. Mod. Phys. 38: pp. 483
- Gervais, J. L., and Jevichi, A. (1976). “Point Canonical Transformations in Path Integrals,” CCNY preprint.
- Gutzwiller, M. C. (1967) J. Math. Phys. 8: pp. 1979
- Kree, P. (1976) Bul. Soc. Math. France 46: pp. 143
- Maheshwari, A. (1975) J. Statis. Phys. 12: pp. 11
- Maheshwari, A. (1975) J. Phys. A8: pp. 1019
- Milnor, J. (1969).Morse Theory, Annals of Mathematics Studies, No. 51, Princeton University Press.
- Mizrahi, M. M. (1975). Ph.D. Thesis, University of Texas at Austin, and preprint from Center for Naval Analysis of the University of Rochester, 1401 Wilson, Arlington, Va. 22209.
- Salam, A., Strathdee, J. (1970) Phys. Rev. D 2: pp. 2869
- Segal, I. The Constructive Approach to Nonlinear Quantum Field Theory. In: Maurin, K., Raczka, R. eds. (1976) Mathematical Physics and Physical Mathematics. D. Reidel Publishing Co., Dordrecht
- Path integration in phase space
General Relativity and Gravitation
Volume 8, Issue 8 , pp 581-593
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Astronomy and Center for Relativity, University of Texas, 78712, Austin, Texas
- 2. Department of Physics, Himachal Pradesh University, Simla, India
- 3. Department of Physics and Center for Relativity, University of Texas, 78712, Austin, Texas