Charge dynamics in (La, Sr)2CuO4: from underdoping to overdoping
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The normal state transport properties (resistivity, Hall effect) of La2−xSrxCuO4 have been studied over wide ranges of Sr doping and temperature. The familiar T-linear resistivity and the strongly T dependent Hall effect RH(T) are found only near the optimal hole concentration (x ≈ 0.15–0.18). The charge dynamics changes significantly in the non-superconducting overdoped range with RH(T) becoming constant above a characteristic temperature T*, and p(T) ∝ Tn (n > 1; n ≈ 1.5±0.1). The temperature scale T*, decreasing with increasing hole concentration, provides a link between transport and magnetic properties.
- See for instance: B. Batlogg,Physica (Amsterdam)B169, 7, (1990) andPhysics Today p. 44, June (1991); N. P. Ong inPhysical Properties of High Temperature Superconductors, edited by D. M. Ginsberg (World Scientific, Singapore, 1990) Vol. 2, p. 459; Y. Iye. ibid., Vol. 3, p. 285 (1992);
- H. Takagi, B. Batlogg, H. L. Kao, J. Kwo, R. J. Cava, J. J. Krajewski and W. F. Peck, Jr.,Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 2975 (1992).
- H. Y. Hwang, B. Batlogg, H. Takagi, H. L. Kao, J. Kwo, R. J. Cava, J. J. Krajewski and W. F.Peck, Jr., (submitted for publication).
- J. Kwo, R. M. Fleming, H. L. Kao, D. J. Werder and C. H. Chen,Appl Phys. Lett 60, 1905 (1992).
- S. Uchida, T. Ido, H. Takagi, Y. Tokura and S. Tajima,Phys. Rev. B43, 7942 (1991).
- B. Batlogg, H. Takagi, H. L. Kao and J. Kwo, inElectronic Properties of High T c Superconductors, The Normal State; edited by H. Kuzmany, M. Mehring and J. Fink, p. 5, (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1993).
- After Ref. 3 had been submitted for publication, we became aware of another Hall effect sudy that also found saturation ofR h(T) at highest temperatures: T. Nishikawa, J. Takeda and M. Sato,J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 62, 2568 (1993).
- R. Yoshizaki, N. Ishikawa, H. Sawada, E. Kita and A. Tasaki,Physica (Amsterdam)166C, 417 (1990).
- G.-Q. Zheng, T. Kuse, Y. Kitaoka, K. Ishida, S. Ohsugi, K. Asayama and Y. Yamada, to be published.
- T. R. Chien, Z. Z. Wang and N. P. Ong,Phys. Rev. Lett. 67, 2088 (1991).
- G. Xiao, P. Xiong and M. Z. Cieplak,Phys. Rev. 46, 8687 (1992).
- H. L. Kao, J. Kwo, H. Takagi and B. Batlogg,B48, 9925 (1993).
- Y. Nakamura and S. Uchida,Phys. Rev. B47, 8369 (1993).
- C. T. Chen, F. Sette, Y. Ma, M. S. Hybertsen, E. B. Stechel, W. M. C. Foulkes, M. Schluter, S-W. Cheong, A. S. Cooper, L. W. Rupp, Jr., B. Batlogg, Y. L. Soo, Z. H. Ming, A. Krol and Y. H. Kao,Phys. Rev. Lett. 66, 104 (1991).
- E. Pellegrin, N. Nucker, J. Fink, S. L. Molodtsov, A. Gutierrez, E. Navas, O. Strebel, Z. Hu, M. Domke, G. Kaindl, S. Uchida, Y. Nakamura, J. Markl, M. Klauda, G. Saemann-Ischenko, A. Krol, J. L. Peng, Z. Y. Li and R. L. Greene,Phys. Rev. B47, 3354 (1993).
- Charge dynamics in (La, Sr)2CuO4: from underdoping to overdoping
Journal of Low Temperature Physics
Volume 95, Issue 1-2 , pp 23-31
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors