Time, technology and groups: An integration
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
This paper summarizes main findings of the five empirical papers in this issue, and discusses certain themes that connect them.
- Arrow, Holly and McGrath, Joseph E. (1993): Membership matters: How member change and continuity affect group structure, process, and performance.Small Group Research, vol. 24, pp. 334–361.
- Carnevale, Peter J. and Isen, Alice M. (1986): The influence of positive affect and visual access on the discovery of integrative agreements in bilateral negotiation.Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, vol. 37, pp. 1–15.
- Diehl, Michael, and Stroebe, Wolfgang (1987): Productivity loss in brainstorming groups: Toward the solution of a riddle.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 53, pp. 497–509.
- Gruenfeld, Deborah H, Hollingshead, Andrea B. and Fan, Elliot (1995): Integrative complexity in work groups: The effects of continuity and change. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Midwestern Psychological Association, Chicago, Illinois, May 5, 1995.
- Hollingshead, Andrea B., McGrath, Joseph E. and O'Connor, Kathleen M. (1993): Group task performance and communication technology: A longitudinal study of computer-mediated versus face-to-face work groups.Small Group Research, vol. 24, pp. 307–333.
- McGrath, Joseph E., Arrow, Holly, Gruenfeld,Deborah H., Hollingshead, Andrea B. and O'Connor, Kathleen M. (1993): Groups, tasks, and technology: The effects of experience and change.Small Group Research, vol. 24, pp. 406–420.
- McGrath, Joseph E. and Berdahl, Jennifer L. (1996 in press): Groups, technology, and time: Use of computers for collaborative work. In eds. Tindale, R. S., Edwards, J., and Posovac, E. J.,Applications of Theory and Research on Groups to Social Issues, [Volume ofApplied Social Psychology Annual] New York: Plenum.
- Walther, Joseph B. (1993): Interpersonal effects in computer-mediated interaction: A relational perspective.Communication Research, vol. 19, pp. 52–90.
- Time, technology and groups: An integration
Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
Volume 4, Issue 2-3 , pp 253-261
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Computer-mediated communication
- work groups
- group development
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 603 East Daniel St., 61820, Champaign, IL, USA
- 2. Department of Business Administration, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
- 3. Department of Psychology, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA