Thin-film resistance thermometer for registering the surface temperature of a powder at high heat transfer rates
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A method has been developed for preparing thin (0.5 μ) nickel films by electrolytic deposition. These films can be used as resistance thermometers for registering the surface temperature of powder specimens at high heat transfer rates.
The thin-film nickel resistance thermometers thus obtained were calibrated in the range 0–300° C using a static method.
A three-channel amplifying thermometric bridge has been designed and built. This bridge has a sensitivity of 0.025 mA/ohm and a passband of more than 10 kHz at a nonlinear distortion coefficient of less than 0.5% (for each channel).
Preliminary experiments have been conducted on the ignition of ballistite N powder+carbon black using a film-resistance thermometer to register the surface temperature.
- A. D. Baer and N. W. Ryan, AIAAJ., 3, 5, 884, 1965.
- M. W. Evans, R. B. Beyer, and L. McCulley, Chem. Phys. J., 40, 9, 2431, 1964.
- R. B. Beyer, N. Fishman, in: Solid Propellant Rocket Research, Academic Press, New York-London, 1960.
- S. W. Churchill, R. W. Kruggel, and J. C. Brier, A. I. Ch. E. J., 2, 568, 1956.
- A. D. Baer, N. W. Ryan, and D. L. Salt, in: Solid Propellant Rocket Research, Academic Press, New York-London, 1960.
- R. F. McAlevy, P. L. Cowan, and M. Summerfield, in: Solid Propellant Rocket Research, Academic Press, New York-London, 1960.
- M. Summerfield and R. F. McAlevy, Jet propulsion, 66, 478, 1958.
- M. A. Cook and F. A. Olson, A. I. Ch. E. J., 1, 391, 1955.
- J. F. Roth and G. P. Wachtell, Industr. and Eng. Chem., 1, 1, 62, 1962.
- J. Powling and W. A. W. Smith, Comb. Flame, 3, 3, 269, 1963.
- E. A. Arden, J. Powling, and W. A. W. Smith, Comb. Flame, 6, 1, 1962.
- J. Powling and W. A. W. Smith, Comb. Flame, 6, 3, 1962.
- B. Bartfai, Manual of Electroplating [in Russian], Mashgiz, 1960.
- G. E. Ozhegov, in: Heat and Mass Transf [in Russian], vol. 1, Minsk, 1962.
- I. G. Naik and E. M. Balsara, Ind. J. Phys., 31, 12, 62, 1957.
- I. D. Konozenko, UFN, 52, 4, 561, 1954.
- R. E. Thun, G. F. Gaunde, and E. R. Pascuitti, RSI, 31, 4, 446, 1960.
- E. V. Konev and S. S. Khlevnoi, PMTF, 2, 167, 1963.
- Yu. A. Polyakov and E. A. Mit'kina, PTE, 4, 140, 1961.
- Thin-film resistance thermometer for registering the surface temperature of a powder at high heat transfer rates
Combustion, Explosion and Shock Waves
Volume 2, Issue 2 , pp 27-31
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links