The measurement of children's sleep disturbances and somatic complaints following a disaster
- Stephen J. Dollinger Ph.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Child-victims of a lightning-strike disaster were interviewed and their mothers completed a checklist describing their adjustment in terms of sleep disturbance and somatic complaints. Results showed that a number of children experienced significant sleep and somatic problems and that, in keeping with this study's purpose, the checklist is a reliable and valid measure of children's emotional distress.
- Dollinger SJ: Lightning-strike disaster among children.Brit J Med Psychol, in press.
- Dollinger SJ, O'Donnell JP and Staley AA: Lightning-strike disaster: Effects on children's fears and worries.J Consult Clin Psychol 52: 1028–1038, 1984.
- Dollinger SJ: On the varieties of childhood sleep disturbance.J Clin Child Psychol 11:107–115, 1982.
- Sines JO Pauker JD Sines LK and Owen DR: Identification of clinically relevant dimensions of children's behavior.J Consult Clin Psychol 33:728–734, 1969.
- The measurement of children's sleep disturbances and somatic complaints following a disaster
Child Psychiatry and Human Development
Volume 16, Issue 3 , pp 148-153
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Psychology, Southern Illinois University, 62901, Carbondale, IL