A.c. photoconductivity and optical properties of bulk polycrystalline and amorphous In x Se1−x thin films
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The a.c. photoconductivity of bulk polycrystalline In x Se1−x and the optical properties of amorphous In x Se1−x thin films were investigated. The effect of heat treatment on the absorption coefficient of InSe thin films was also studied. The spectral response of the photoconductivity of polycrystalline In x Se1−x related to the near-edge absorption spectrum, shows a well-defined maximum corresponding to the width of the forbidden gap. Polycrystalline In x Se1−x realizes the behaviour of photoconductors which are sensitive in a spectral range between 400 and 1700 nm. Optical absorption of amorphous In x Se1−x thin films was recorded as a function of photon energy and the data were used to deduce the value of optical energy gap of the films. It was found that the optical energy gap decreased with increasing indium content in both bulk polycrystalline and amorphous thin films. The effect of heat treatment on the optical gap of the film has been interpreted in terms of the density of states model of Mott and Davis.
- C. De BLASI, G. M. COCCI, A. RIZZO and A. TEPORE,Phys. Status Solidi (a)74 (1982) 291.
- A. SEGURA, J. P. GUESDON, J. M. BESSON and A. CHEVY,J. Appl. Phys. 54 (1983) 876.
- A. Sh. ABDINOV and A. G. KYAZYMZADE,Sov. Phys. Semicond. 9 (1975) 1113.
- A. SEGURA, J. M. BESSON, A. CHEVY and M. S. MARTIN,Nuovo Cimento 38B (1977) 345.
- A. SEGURA, A. CHEVY, J. P. GUESDON and J. H. BESSON,Sol. Energy Mater. 2 (1979/80) 159.
- H. I. ZAYED, I. MUNTEANO and I. DIMA,Analele Universitate Bucuresti, Fizica XXX (1981) 83.
- A. SUZUKI, AKIO, MATSUSHITA and TATSUHIKO, (Fac. Eng. Osak. Ind. Univ., Osaka, Japan),Osaka Sangyo Daigaka, Ronshu, Shizen Kagaka Hen 48 (1976) 14.
- A. J. McEVOY, A. PARKES, K. SOLT and R. BUCHSELI,Thin Solid Films 65 (1980) L5.
- N. F. MOTT and E. A. DAVIS, “Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials” (Clarendon, Oxford, 1971).
- S. CHAUDHURI, S. K. BISWAS and A. CHOUDHURY,Phys. Status Solidi (a)83 (1984) K57.
- S. HASEGAWA, S. YAZAKI and T. SHIMIZU,Solid State Commun. 26 (1978) 407.
- R. S. ALGAIER,J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 8 (1971) 113.
- S. CHAUDHURI, S. K. BISWAS and A. CHOUDHURY,Solid State Commun. 53 (1985) 273.
- A.c. photoconductivity and optical properties of bulk polycrystalline and amorphous In x Se1−x thin films
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
Volume 1, Issue 2 , pp 115-117
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors