Dynamo mechanism for turbulent wave in celestial bodies
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is well known that under cosmic conditions the various modes of plasma turbulence waves (including MHD waves) are easily excited. In this paper we are trying to show that the turbulent wave also generates a source-term for the magnetic induced equations as does the turbulent fluid with nonzero helicity. By expanding the turbulent field in Fourier series, we have obtained dynamo equation for turbulent wave and a reasonable solution which indicates that the poloidal field may be built-up in the turbulent source region. Perhaps, we may think that the poloidal field of Equation (9) is the analytical form of the magnetic field in a turbulent source region of celestial bodies.
- Beckers, J. M. and Tallant, P. E. 1969,Solar Phys. 7, 351.
- Bullard, S. E. and Gellman, H.: 1955,Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 247, 213.
- Parker, E. N.: 1955,Astrophys. J. 122, 293.
- Roberts, P. H. and Stix, M.: 1971, ‘The Turbulent Dynamo’, Tech. Notes, NCAR/IA-6.
- Steenbeck, M. and Krause, F.: 1966,Z. Naturforsch. A 21, 1285.
- Tsytovich, V. N.: 1977Theory of Turbulent Plasma, Consultants Bureau, New York.
- Dynamo mechanism for turbulent wave in celestial bodies
Astrophysics and Space Science
Volume 76, Issue 1 , pp 13-21
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links