Dissociation constants of phosphoric acid at 25°C and the ion pairing of sodium with orthophosphate ligands at 25°C
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The first and second acidity constants of phosphoric acid were determined in a 0.70 ionic strength solution of both a sodium and a potassium ion background salt at 25°C. These experimentally determined constants were compared to literature values as well as values calculated from a theoretical model. Assuming negligible ion pairing of the phosphate ligand with the potassium ions, the stability constants of the NaHPO 4 - and NaH2PO 4 0 complexes were determined to be 1.3±0.3 and 0.49±0.07 (mol-L−1), respectively. These constants were used to model the speciation of orthophosphate in a background of a sodium salt from pH 3 to 10.
- E. Atlas, C. Culberson, and R. M. Pytokowicz,Marine Chem. 4, 243 (1976).
- SAS User's Guide, SAS Institute, Inc., Box 8000, Cary, NC 27511 (1981).
- D. R. Migneault and R. K. Forcé,J. of Automatic Chem. 9, 125 (1987).
- R. K. Forcé, J. Boyd, and E. Harris,Interfaces in Computing 1, 59, (1982).
- R. M. Smith and R. A. Aberty,J. Phys. Chem. 60, 180 (1956).
- P. G. Daniele, C. Rigano, and S. Sammartano,Talanta 30, 81 (1983).
- R. G. Bates,Determination of pH, Theory and Practice (Wiley, New York, 1973).
- R. M. Smith and A. E. Martell,Critical Stability Constants, Volume 4: Inorganic Complexes (Plenum Press, New York, 1981).
- D. P. Shoemaker and C. W. Garland,Experiments in Physical Chemistry (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1967).
- W. Strumm and J. J. Morgan,Aquatic Chemistry (Wiley, New York, 1981).
- Dissociation constants of phosphoric acid at 25°C and the ion pairing of sodium with orthophosphate ligands at 25°C
Journal of Solution Chemistry
Volume 17, Issue 10 , pp 987-997
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Sodium phosphate
- phosphoric acid
- dissociation constants
- marine systems
- Industry Sectors