Power-series solutions of the Lane-Emden equation
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper the problem of representing the numerical solutions of the Lane-Emden equation analytically by means of a convergent power series has been considered. Our results show that it is possible to represent the numerical solutions of the Lane-Emden equation by means of a power series which can be convergent in the whole interior of a polytropic model.
- Chandrasekhar, S.: 1957,An Introduction to the Study of Stellar Structure, Dover Publications Inc., Chicago.
- Gradshteyn, I. S. and Ryzhik, I. M.: 1965Tables of Integrals, Series and Products, Academic Press Inc, New York.
- Seidov, Z. F. and Kuzakhmedov, R. K. 1977,Sov Astron. (English transl.),21, 399.
- Power-series solutions of the Lane-Emden equation
Astrophysics and Space Science
Volume 73, Issue 1 , pp 227-239
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links