Dynamic stable resonators: a design procedure
- J. P. LörtscherAffiliated withLasag S.A.
- , J. SteffenAffiliated withLasag S.A.
- , G. HerzigerAffiliated withInstitute of Applied Physics, University of Berne
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A procedure is presented for determining the parameters of stable resonators characterized by full exploitation of the laser medium. The fundamental mode radiation is generated with an efficiency close to usual multimode one, and in particular it is insensitive to fluctuations of the pump-induced lensing of the laser medium. Experimental verification of the procedure and data about efficiency and beam quality are presented. These resonators, called ‘dynamic stable resonators’, are preferred to unstable resonators in applications needing a highly reproducible uniform intensity distribution.
- Dynamic stable resonators: a design procedure
Optical and Quantum Electronics
Volume 7, Issue 6 , pp 505-514
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors