Borate buffer equilibria in nickel refining electrolytes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Buffer capacity studies, carried out using pH titrations, demonstrated that electrolytes containing NiSO4 + H3BO3 + Na2SO4 buffer more effectively than in the presence of H3BO3 + Na2SO4. The increased buffer capacity is dependent on the concentration of both Ni2+ and H3BO3. Thermodynamic analysis of the pH titration data suggested the formation of a weak complex, Ni(H2BO3)2, (logK ∼ 3.8 to 4.9) between Ni2+ and H3BO3 in mixed chloride-sulphate electrolytes at 55° C.
- A. L. Zhurin and M. G. Shoikhet,J. Appl. Chem. (U. S. S. R.) 29 (1958) 641.
- N. Tanaka, Y. Saito and H. Ogino,Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan 36 (1963) 794.
- J. A. Bolzan, E. A. Jauregui and A. J. Arvia,Electrochim. Acta 8 (1963) 841.
- H. S. Harned and B. B. Owen, ‘The Physical Chemistry of Electrolyte Solutions’, Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York (1950).
- I. M. Kolthoff and W. Bosch,Rec. Trav. chim. 46 (1927) 180.
- B. B. Owen and E. J. King,J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 65 (1943) 1612.
- B. V. K. S. R. A. Tilak, S. R. Rajagopalan and A. K. N. Reddy,Trans. Faraday Soc. 58 (1962) 795.
- D. M. Chizhikov and L. V. Pliginskaya,Soviet Electrochemistry 3 (1961) 69.
- I. Epelboin, 21st Meeting of the International Committee on Thermodynamics and Electrochemical Kinetics, Prague (1970).
- Borate buffer equilibria in nickel refining electrolytes
Journal of Applied Electrochemistry
Volume 7, Issue 6 , pp 495-500
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors