Study of carbohydrase-catalyzed reactions with the aid of EDIAP mass spectrometry
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The distribution of the products of the enzymatic transformation of various substrates under the action of the endo-β-(1 → 3)-glucanase L IV from the molluscSpisula sachalinensis has been investigated and the possibility has been shown of the simultaneous recording, with the aid of EDIAP mass spectrometry, of the products of hydrolysis and of transglycosylation. It has been shown that methyl gentiobioside and methyl cellobioside are acceptors in the transglycosylation reaction, as a result of which glucooligosaccharides with a mixed type of glycosidic bonds are formed. The ratio of mono-, di-, tri-, and tetrasaccharides labeled at the ends with ethylene glycol formed in the enzymatic hydroysis of laminarin previously subjected to Smith degradation has been determined.
- P. V. Bezukladnikov, T. N. Zvyagitseva, L. A. Elyakova, and O. A. Mirgorodskaya, in: 8th All-Union Conference on the Chemistry and Biochemistry of Carbohydrates, Tbilisi, November 17–19, 1987: Abstracts of Lectures [in Russian], USSR Academy of Sciences, Georgian SSR Academy of Sciences, etc., Pushchino (1987), p. 102.
- C. Bosso, J. Defaye, A. Heyrand, and J. Ulrich, Carbohydr. Res.,125, 309 (1984).
- W. T. Wang, N. C. Ledonne, Jr., B. Ackerman, and C. C. Sweeley, Anal. Biochem.,141, 366 (1984).
- H. Kambara and S. Hishida, Organ. Mass. Spectrom.,16, No. 4, 167 (1981).
- H. Kambara, Organ. Mass Spectrom.,17, No. 1, 29 (1982).
- M. L. Aleksandrov, P. V. Bezukladnikov, M. A. Grachev, L. A. Elyakova, T. N. Zvyagintseva, V. M. Kondrat'ev, Yu. S. Kusner, O. A. Mirgorodskaya, and G. V. Fridlyanskii, Bioorg. Khim.,12, 1691 (1986).
- V. V. Sova and L. A. Elyakova, Biochim. Biophys. Acta,258, 219 (1972).
- T. N. Zvyagintseva, N. I. Nazarova, and L. A. Elyakova, Bioorg. Khim.,10, 1342 (1984).
- J. D. Allen, Meth. Enzymol.,64, 248 (1980).
- P. W. Bezukladnikov and L. A. Elyakova, Carbohydr. Res.,152, 261 (1986).
- L. A. Elyakova and T. N. Zvyagintseva, Carbohydr. Res.,34, 241 (1974).
- Methods in Carbohydrate Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1967), p. 169.
- N. Nelson, J. Biol. Chem.,153, 375 (1944).
- M. L. Aleksandrov, G. I. Baram, L. N. Gall', V. N. Krasnov, Yu. S. Kusner, O. A. Mirgorodskaya, V. I. Nikolaev, and V. A. Shkurov, Bioorg. Khim.,11, 700 (1985).
- Study of carbohydrase-catalyzed reactions with the aid of EDIAP mass spectrometry
Chemistry of Natural Compounds
Volume 25, Issue 1 , pp 45-49
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors