Vectors with rare-cutter restriction enzyme sites for expression of open reading frames in transgenic plants
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Cloning of long open reading frames (ORFs) into plant gene expression vectors and transfer of the chimeric expression cassettes into binary vectors is often hampered by the presence of restriction enzyme cleavage sites internal to the open reading frame (ORF) to be expressed. We therefore modified the commonly used expression vector pRT100  and several pGPTV binary vectors  by replacing 6 bp restriction sites with 8 bp sequences recognized by rare-cutter restriction enzymes.
- Atanassova R, Chaubet N, Gigot C: A 126 bp fragment of a plant histone gene promoter confers preferential expression in meristems of transgenicArabidopsis. Plant J 2: 291–300 (1992).
- Becker D, Kemper E, Schell J, Masterson R: New plant binary vectors with selectable markers located proximal to the left T-DNA border. Plant Mol Biol 20: 1195–1197 (1992).
- Gallie DR, Sleat DE, Watts JW, Turner PC, Wilson TMA: The 5′-leader sequence of tobacco mosaic virus RNA enhances the expression of foreign gene transcriptsin vitro andin vivo. Nucl Acids Res 15: 3257–3272 (1987).
- Gallie DR, Lucas WJ, Walbot V: Visualizing mRNA expression in plant protoplasts: factors influencing mRNA uptake and translation. Plant Cell 1: 301–311 (1989).
- Lepetit M, Ehling M, Chaubet N, Gigot C: A plant histone gene promoter can direct both replication-dependent and-independent gene expression in transgenic plants. Mol Gen Genet 231: 276–285 (1992).
- Londsdale DM, Moisan LJ, Harvey AJ: pFC1 to pFC7: a novel family of combinatorial cloning vectors. Plant Mol Biol Rep 13: 434–345 (1995).
- Töpfer R, Matzeit V, Gronenborn B, Schell J, Steinbiss HH: A set of plant expression vectors for transcriptional and translational fusions. Nucl Acids Res 15: 5890 (1987).
- Vectors with rare-cutter restriction enzyme sites for expression of open reading frames in transgenic plants
Volume 2, Issue 3 , pp 293-295
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- plant gene expression vectors
- binary vectors
- large open reading frames
- Industry Sectors