Technical silicon carbide powder particle phase composition and morphology
- V. G. Lutsenko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Measurements have been made on the composition, surface state, and morphology for green technical silicon carbide powders M28P, M7P, and M1N. The contents of the α-SiC 6H, β-SiC, and α-SiC 15R are identical for all the specimens. Measurements have been made on the amounts of the impurity phase iron silicide, graphite, and iron oxides, as well as silicon dioxide, which occur on the surfaces as an x-ray amorphous film of about 10 nm thickness. The SiC particles are mainly of platy form. The mean-number ratios of the length to width of the plates in projection are about 2, while the mean ratio of the thickness of the plates to the effective diameter is about 0.5.
- R. J. Arsenault, N. Shi, C. R. Feng, and L. Wang, “Localized deformation of SiC-Al composites,” Mater. Sci. Eng.,A131, No. 1, 55–68 (1991).
- S. A. Dobrolezh, S. M. Zubkova, V. A. Kravets, et al., Silicon Carbide [in Russian], Gostekhizdat Ukr. SSR, Kiev (1963).
- G. G. Gnesin, Silicon Carbide Materials [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1977).
- D. Cantreau, S. Brunauer, and L. Coupland, “Determining surface area by the Brunauer, Emmet, and Teller (BET) method and result interpretation,” in: Gas-Solid Phase Boundaries [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1970), pp. 347–358.
- V. M. Beletskii and V. G. Lutsenko, “Chemical analysis of silicon carbide whisker crystals,” in: Abstracts for the Moscow International Conference on Composites [in Russian], 14–16 November, 1990, Part 1, Moscow (1990), p. 184.
- I. Shapiro and I. M. Kolthoff, “Studies on aging of precipitates and coprecipitation. XLIII. Thermal aging of precipitated silica (silica gel),” J. Am. Chem. Soc.,72, No. 2, 776–782 (1950).
- V. M. Beletskii, V. G. Lutsenko, V. L. Mil'kov, et al., “Phase compositions and morphology of short-fiber silicon carbide whisker crystals,” Poroshk. Metal., No. 5, 44–47 (1986).
- V. M. Beletskii, A. N. Gribkov, V. G. Lutsenko, et al., “A study on the properties of silicon carbide whisker crystals,” Metallofizika, No. 4, 115–116 (1985).
- W. J. Williams, Anion Determination (Handbook) [Russian translation], Khimiya, Moscow (1982).
- G. V. Samsonov, A. T. Pilipenko, T. N. Nazarchuk, et al., Refractory-Compound Analysis [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1962).
- Technical silicon carbide powder particle phase composition and morphology
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 32, Issue 3 , pp 199-203
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors