Nature of the real structure of graphite-like BN and its transformation into a wurtsite modification under impact compression
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The dependence of the interlayer distance d on the degree of unidimensional disorder γ in graphite-like BN was determined. It was established that d=0.33273±0.00005 nm at 20°C in the perfectly ordered structure (γ=0); the value of d increases uniformly with increase of γ, and at γ=1 it equals 0.343±0.001 nm. It was also established that the yield of wurtsite phase produced by impact compression of the graphite-like modification sharply decreases with increase of γ, and for γ>0.2 it becomes equal to zero. This result is explained in terms of the nature of martensitic transformations in layered structures.
- A. V. Kurdyumov and I. N. Frantsevich, “Effect of impact compression on the crystal structure of boron nitride,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,221 No. 3, 588–589 (1975).
- A. V. Kurdyumov and A. N. Pilyankevich, Phase Transformations in Carbon and Boron Nitride [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1979).
- A. V. Kurdyumov, “On packing defects in graphite-like boron nitride,” Kristallografiya,20 No. 5, 969–972 (1975).
- R. E. Franklin, “The structure of graphitic carbons,” Acta Crystallogr.,4 No. 2, 253–261 (1951).
- V. M. Danilenko, A. V. Kurdyumov, and A. V. Meike, “The interlayer interaction energy and relative stability of intermediate structures in graphite-like boron nitride,” Kristallografiya,28 No. 2, 337–340 (1981).
- R. E. Pease, “X-ray study of boron nitride,” Acta Crystallogr.,5 No. 3, 356–361 (1952).
- V. V. Yarosh, “Formation of the wurtsite-like modification of boron nitride by impact compression,” in: Hexanite and Hexanite-R Based Cutting Tools [in Russian], Institute of Materials Science Problems, Akad. Nauk USSR, Kiev (1975), pp. 14–17.
- A. V. Kurdyumov, N. F. Ostrovskaya, V. A. Pilipenko, and A. N. Pilyankevich, “Structural changes in boron nitride under impact compression in the presence of water,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 9, 76–80 (1978).
- N. I. Borimchuk, V. B. Zelyavskii, A. V. Kurdyumov, et al., “Features of the crystal structure of sphaleritic boron nitride formed under impact compression,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,306 No. 6, 1381–1383 (1989).
- Nature of the real structure of graphite-like BN and its transformation into a wurtsite modification under impact compression
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 33, Issue 9-10 , pp 501-504
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors